Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here been to an appliance race? i went to the orlando speed world last nite and they had an appliance race. they have these demolition derby looking cars and a relatively small asphalt circle with a large grass area in the center and they take washers an dryers and stoves and throw them on the race track for obstacles. and then there is a pit crew in the grass in the center with a sh#t load of stoves and such and the object is to go a lap with an appliance strapped to your car and then add another one and go another lap and add a 3rd. and the first one to go across with 3 wins. those things just go flying all over the place these guys are going like 80 or so and then hit a washer and it just shatters to bits. man that was cool. i gotta go back next saturday. ::

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Although I forgot to add, being an apt maint guy, hope they didn't get the old washers with cement blocks in them!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no cement blocks as far as i know. in fact half of the washers were missing the tub/drum.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm just trying to picture the guy who came up with the idea of doing this.

"Hey, how about we get a couple cars, a bunch of washers and dryers, tie em' to the cars, and just race around" ::

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you about have the idea you just left out lets get the on duty cops that are there to drink beer too. ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts