Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the midst of planning a remodel of our kitchen and family room. Since our kitchen appliances are all 10+ years old, I have decided to replace them as new cabinets are being fabricated, and sell the old ones.
My question is, we seem to be settled on all of the appliances, except the dishwasher.
We have narrowed that down to either the Bosch SHU 9950 or the Asko D1996SS.
I have heard both are quiet (Asko may be quieter) and wellmade. Some salespeople have stated that you are definitely paying for the Bosch name when you purchase their products. Any comments and/or suggestions?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Touche, Art!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. I also use these on occasion...

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Shhhh....don't tell anyone, but I sold white good for a few years while deciding whether or not to finish my undergraduate degree.

IMO KitchenAID is the only way to go. It offers the best quality to price ratio and is everybit as quiet as one of those designer model /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

But if I really had to decide between those two only...I would purchase the Bosch and here's why....varying wash temp is a wasted feature. To kill all the bacteria you need a prolong washing at high temp. The Bosch washes and rinses at 160+ constant. The only time you would need a lower temp is if you doing an entire load of cheap tupperware on the BOTTOM rack and didn't what them to melt. It also has the flow through heater which eliminates the heat distorted items that occasionally fall through the racks and lay against the heating element in the tub. And lastly it has a removable upper rack which is a huge benefit when you don't fell like hand washing your wifes favorite pasta pot that holds 9 gallons of water and 5 boxes of pasta.

·
Registered
757 Posts
We just went through picking out appliances for a new house. I don't think you can beat the Bosch dishwashers. They are really nice. We ended up using Dacor for the stove top, separate oven, and micro, and a bosch DW. Almost silent, and works great.

·
Registered
832 Posts
http://home.attbi.com/~eljimb0/webphoto/Quiz1.jpg
now that is a dishwasher to die for.

·
Premium Member
19,212 Posts
Recycle your cabinets to your garage. Shelving for garages is expensive, and this is a great way to cut costs. Where I live, there are no cabinets to be recycled, and had to build my own.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am already planing to do that. Problem is, I don't have many places to put them as I have built many in the last 10 years!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts