Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just returned from being out of the area for ~ 2 weeks. Week 1 involved being out of the office on business and last week was a trip to Cresent Lake, Oregon for a week of Boy Scout Summer camp. My son earned 4 merit badges and completed many rank advancement requirements. Actiivites included a white water rafting trip down the Deschutes River, overnight canoe trip, and a tour of Crater Lake... Travel to and fro was via Amtrak... What a blast...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Sounds awesome. I had similar adventures in Boy Scouting, and they still make me smile 40+ years later.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
I've done the Deschutes White Water Rafting trip, and it was a trip! The scenery was georgeous! White the river itself is quite tame (not quite like the Rogue River!!!), the scenery makes up for it. I love the view of the lava flows.

BTW, that's where I was introduced to Yukon Jack, aka "Snake Bite Medicine". It was passed from raft to raft at 10AM in the morning among a bunch of old farts. Man, did that taste good!

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
swmbo and i did a rogue river trip about 5 years ago. except for rainie falls and the blossum bar, it was pretty mild. really beautiful, though, and had a fairly close encounter with a brown bear.

i kayaked nearly the entire trip (including blossom bar...talk about pucker factor), although we took the fishladder chicken route around rainie falls. two of the people in our group (phil and mary deriemer, who are world class kayakers) ran rainie falls. it was amazing.

we went to crater lake on the same trip. that is the prettiest blue water i have ever seen. western oregon is absolutely beautiful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts