Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got in one of my favorite (and, IMO, underappreciated) mid-80s teen comedies, Better Off Dead with John Cusack. Transfer is a little soft, the sound is only dolby stereo, and there are NO extras. But it was cheap, and the movie's fun.

Worst part: Layne Meyer's dream car is a 1967 Camaro.

Best part, automotive category: Apparently, 1967 Camaros can go from non-functional-under-a-tarp to Concours Restored with a couple of days' worth of work from two teens.

Best cameo: The owner of Pig Burger, played by the guy who played Porky.

Second best cameo: Barney Rubble, asking if he can date Layne's ex-girlfriend.

Guilty pleasure....

Steve

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I love that quote from the movie when he's in the garbage truck and the two black guys working on the power lines say, "What a shame, when folks be throwing away a perfectly good white boy!" LOL!

Also, the paperboy after his "Two Dollars".

·
Registered
967 Posts
The reason you can make a camaro functional in just a couple of days is because you can by parts at the nearest 7-11./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif "Do you know what the street value of this mountain would be?" You just gotta love booger.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, I was out at dinner w/dad last night. Just great timing, I guess!

Steve

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I only spell correctly the names of cars still in production. Heh.

Yep, I had already caught that myself, but thanks for noticing.

Steve

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Gee, I'm really sorry that your mom blew up like that, Ricky."

·
Registered
727 Posts
One of my co-workers looks almost EXACTLY like Ricky. Glasses and all! I have to chuckle every time I see him.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Great 80's fare.

Loved the two japanese Howard Cosell drag racers.....never really liked the animation.....Not a bad looking Camaro, as Camaros go....Dickson

G

·
0 Posts
I love that one! Hey come on, its still a beautiful car! I mean, they have had that and then smokey and the bandit. We got Gone in Sixty seconds and builitt! I mean bullitt, that can never be beat!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
And don't forget those several Steven Segal movies in which he drives 69 and 70 Sportroofs.

Or are we not proud of those /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great movie! I think all fast food places should have their employees wear hats like that. What hot French girl wouldn't want to be Rickys love slave?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Seen It? Its only the best movie ever made! [Ok I am a little strange] I have seen it a ton of times. And last year I bought the tape. Now I can watch it all the time.

G

·
0 Posts
Thats a great movie,I dont run into alot of people that have heard of it.But after looking at this post,I know I'm not alone in liking the movie.

Ron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts