Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the midst of ordering and getting my Mustang back to the shop after my rear brake flex hose fail, causing my to rear end a car (2500 damage!). Anyhow, SWMBO pages me this afternoon and tells me that there is a puddle of chocolate milk looking fluid underneath the passenger side of our 1998 Boxster (in downtown LA!). I tell her its probably oil mixing with the antifreeze and that she shoudl immediately proceed to here parents home (Griffith park area) and get her dad to take a closer look. I get home and notice a puddle of oil and 'peanut butter' under where the rigfht side of the engine would have sat in the garage. Damn! She later calls me and lets me know that the fluid is coming out fo the colant recovery tank and that the oil dipstick is clear (this a a good thing!). Anyhow, I told her to get 2 quarts of Mobil 1 20-50 and head home after traffic dies down.
To top it off, the local Porsche dealer is backed up past the middle of next week! That, however, is somewhat of a blessing as I will have some time to research the matter...

Any assistance in this matter is appreciated...

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not so (about the luck rubbing off) You aren't getting rid of it that easily.::
Thanks for the post, though.

I posted over at porsche pete's boxster board and a long time poster there was pretty sure that this problem we experienced today is a manufacturing flaw that Porsche replaced engines right and left back in 99 and 00 as they occured. I also will be calling an independent Porsche mechanic that I know through our club to get his advice. Problem with the Boxsters is that they are still relatively young and don't have lots of failure data on them...

Finally, SWMBO mentions that our vehicular problems always come in twos (like famous deaths always come in threes). I didn't argue as it seems to ring true. Another reason to have 5 cars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts