Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought SWMBO an V10 Excursion and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the JET computer chip for performance?

I have ordered one, but it is on Back Order and can cancel if need be...Just don't know if it is good or not...

I know you guys may be able to help...The excursion forum is not as heavily used, answers are slow at best....

The more I look the more I know this is the best place on the web for car guys.....

Thanks Bob....!!!

Mel

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I haven't heard of that chip, but how can they order it for your rig? We burn chips at work, by dowmloading a specific vehicles stats, and make the chip depending on how much HP the customer is looking for. I thought all chips were burned where it was purchased.. They do work wonders, just make sure if you want the hot version, that you are careful if towing or driving sustained high RPM, they should talk to you about that.
blkstlln

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have a F-250 SD w/ the V-10 and a 5 spped that I special ordered. I put the Super Chip in and it eliminated the rev limiter and speed limiter. This 8800 lb sucker will FLY! I lucked out and it runs well on + instead of needing premium. If it doesn't knock on +, you can use the cheaper gas, and the mileage went up an MPG or 2. This chip adds 10% to the HP. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts