Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the projection of Ivan the Terrible (Hurricane) is right over our immediate area, and it is currently a category 5 hurricane; estimated to hit late Tuesday nite. The news media is very much into the OMG! mode, scaring everyone. For example, please get your plywood sheets tonite, or they will be out tomorrow! They explain the Hurricane scales, emphasizing the 160 mph sustained winds, with gusts to 200. Finally, the weather guy said these things can't sustain category 5 beyond a couple of days, and that it is more likely be a category 3 by Tuesday, which is more in line with my extensive experience. A Cat 3 hurricane is no problem for our house, even a direct hit. If it is 25 miles west or east, the winds will be no more than 50 mph, a piece of cake. The house and Garage Majal were designed for 110 mph sustained winds, and will likely survive higher winds, considering there are no trees around.

Anyway, Ivan, here's the deal: if you come near to me, you'll have to deal with the Midlife Curse Company, so this is your first and final warning!! :: ::

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Great, just great!!! Your curse is going to cause Ivan to take a turn and hit Orlando directly! I've taken 2 already, I don't want a third! Use your curse to make it hit Cuba, then die, Please!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I don't get it - we in California get CONSTANT razzing about our "earthquake problem", yet EVERY year, poor Florida and other neighboring states go through this "hurricane thing". Makes me wonder which will happen first - California breaking off and falling into the ocean or Flordia getting blown out to sea!!!

randy :: :: ::

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good luck Mid ::

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
You paid too much. Or, at least I hope you did for a solid house and garage majal!

:D

-bob

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
LMAO :) :) :)

You know, if Mid is really fast with his camera we might get to see her in a WET T-Shirt! :-0

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I sure hope it hits you and not me! I haven't even had time to enjoy my garage yet!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Well, unfortunately it looks like its going to hit somewhere in the panhandle and not give the peninsula guys too much problem... this time.

Steve

·
4,129 Posts
It seems like that after every major earthquake the news people will find people living outside too afraid to go back inside for fear that we will have another BIG one and something will fall on their head. :p It also seems like most of those too afraid to go back inside people will move somewhere else. :: Just wonder how many moved to Florida. :: fd

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
This must really be the curse of Home Depot. Those guys are making a KILLING selling Hurricane supplies to all the media scared people, who just moved here.
If your house was built after hurricane andrew, it'll withstand a cat 5 storm with out any plywood on the windows. And before andrew it would stand up to a cat 3 storm.
Only the people on the coast have to be concerned with cat 5 storms, by the time the storm makes it 25 mi inland its a cat 3.
Sorry it's coming at ya Midlife. We've had enough here in central fl. this year, of course we haven't had any in 44 years, but 2 in 3 weeks, come on!
Batten down the hatches, thar she blows.

K

·
0 Posts
I'm with ya there Randy.
Sure wouldn't want to live in California with all those earthquakes. ::

I'd much rather live with annual hurricanes, tornadoes, sub-zero temps, hail, floods. ::

We all live where we want, that's the bottom line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts