Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, yesterday was a good day, found a 72 vert for sale. Only asking $5,500. Was seriously thinking about buying it, even though it wasn't my favorite year or body style. Thinngs were looking pretty good, had some sightseeing planned for the weekend, yard work, time with SWMBO.

Then the phone rings this AM before 7. Before I even picked it up I knew something was wrong. Turns out we are going to Pittsburgh tomorrow for a funeral. SWMBO's great aunt passed on late last night. So I am seeing this as a sign from above to not get the 72 vert. I've been hankering for a road trip and to spend time with SWMBO, but some how I don't think this will be a fun trip.

Now that I've vented and depressed everyone on a Friday morning, do me a favor and enjoy some time with your family this weekend.

Until Wednesday..........

TK

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Sorry to hear about that.

You might want to think about the 72 vert over the weekend. I looked at the pictures you posted and it looks pretty good for that price. Of course, I know that pictures can be misleading.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I can't argue with that. You like what you like. Maybe another VMFer will buy it. What engine does it have?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure. Owner wasn't available to let me look at it. I work long hours so I went by after closing time. It had a single exhaust, so I assume it was a 6 cylinder. But I don't know if that was true or not in the 70s. I did see that it was an automatic and the interior looked in decent shape. It looked a llittle dirty, but no tears in the seats or carpet that I could see.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The single exhaust may mean a 6 cylinder, but not necessarily. I'm fairly sure the 302 and 351 2-v engines had single exhausts originally. If it is a 6 cylinder, that would explain the price, but it's still not bad.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I can relate. I am leaving work at noon today to go to a funeral. It is my SWMBO Aunt on her biological fathers side. Her Biological father she just found last year and we went to visit (for the first time) just a few weeks ago. We met most of his family out in CA. We got that call a few nights ago about her Aunt. SWMBO and the kids have already left. I will leave later today. I hate funerals :(

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the 302 had a single exhaust at least mine does, but not for long. :: you might want to reconsider this car it looks pretty good and they can be quite stunning when done up right. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts