Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever come home after working hard, where everything took twice as long, then your fiancee calls you up and says "She needs to find out who she is...and take time..." Yeah, I have...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had some pretty bad ones here is one not the worst but close.

I let my mom borrow my stang one morning because she had a flat tire on her car and I didn't feel like getting up to change it. Yeah she came home without my stang. She had left my car in a Wal-Mart parking lot that morning because while running "how ever fast the car would go" the little bypass hose (hate those things) blew and she didn't want to stop because she was scared that she wouldn't make it to work.

She didn't make it and I got to spend the next 6 months on rollerblades while I scraped up enough money to build a new engine. What was worse was since it was my fault (I didn't get up to change the tire that morning) my mother didn't feel that she needed to help me pay for anything.

I still love her but she is no longer allowed to drive my stang. I was upset with her for a while but hey at least she didn't total it or get herself hurt.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that doesn't sound pleasant, but hey, at least your stang is or has been running... Mine is sitting in the garage pouting and waiting for me to decide what to do with her... and learn to weld...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here's mine: back when I was a Junior in high school, I drove over to Palatine, IL to visit with my grandmother on a Friday night ( driving the first Mustang in our family, a beautiful medium blue 1969 fastback with the 200 CID I-6 engine and new raised white letter tires ! ). I was going 60 MPH legally in the far right hand lane of a four-lane highway when a huge brown Lincoln Town Car comes racing out of the parking lot of a bar, swerves across all four lanes, and cuts me off. I jammed on the brakes and the Mustang swerves violently to the left, just almost making it off the other side of the highway when a Volvo slams into the RH rear door seam, spinning me around and slamming the car into the parking lot of a Porsche dealership !!! Luckily, I did not hit any of the Porsches !

Anyway, the owner of the Volvo turns out to be a huge Swedish man who comes over to me, grabs me by the throat, and threatens to kill me because his wife hit her head on the windshield and she is bleeding and she is pregnant !!!

I was literally shaking uncontrollably with shock.

Fortunately, the cops came over very quickly and settled everything down. Later, the Swedish guy offered me a job on his construction crew and the cop drove me home.

( True story, all of it ! )

I thought that the 'Stang could be repaired, but Allstate totalled it later that week. Amazingly, I never saw my beautiful first Mustang ever again.

Four months later, we had talked my Dad into buying another Mustang, a hot 1970 red Mach 1 with the 351C engine and FMX. I was absolutely in highest heaven to drive that dream car into the high school parking lot every day !!!

-Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JN, that didn't sound too bad overall :) Of course minus the shaking, close to death feeling...

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
yes last saturday. i broke my leg cutting the grass. i have a leg cast on and can't work. forgot top also mention we just sold our house yesterday and don't move into our new one until august 26th. i am stuck here at the inlaws with no cable and a terrible phone line that sometimes lets me get on the net. i just bought a playstation2 last night so i can tey and keep some of my sanity for the next couple weeks!

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
How in the world can you break a leg mowing grass? Please let me know, as I wish to avoid mowing grass. I think breaking a leg might be worth it. :p

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
You had a bad day, no doubt.

My REALLY bad day occured when I was 18. We were at a funeral for my 23 yo cousin, who had returned as a decorated Vietnam veteran (2 Bronze Stars) and subsequently committed suicide. While we were at the graveside service, wondering why my older brother had not shown up (he and my cousin were best friends), we learned that my brothers 4 month-old daughter had died of SIDS.

THAT is a REALLY bad day and I hope you never have one like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts