Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took a trip up to Syracuse to drop stuff off at my appartment. Going through Scranton Pa. the window on my driver's door decided it no longer wanted to be where it was and decided to relocate to the driver's seat where I happened to be sitting! :: Let me tell you what a freaky experience it is to get a face-full of glass at high speed! I stopped and cleaned up what I could of the glass and continued on my way when the skies opened up and one of the worst storms I've ever seen poured gallons of water through my now non-existant window. I get into Syracuse too late to get the window fixed and try to keep water out overnight with a garbage bag. My atempt to keep the car dry was futile. Woke up today and called every glass place in the area and none of them could fix it today. So I had to drive home still minus a window in more torential rain. This was not a fun few days, though, the window breaking did have a certain level interestingness (don't think thats a word). And all I wanted the whole trip was to turn on my AC to get rid of the humidity! Thanks for letting me vent and watch out for flying glass!

P.S. I realized I forgot the keys to the apt when I got there making the whole trip pointless.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I just lost a camper door doing 40mph. Sucks about your window man, must have been scary!

·
Registered
359 Posts
That's a nasty break. Broken window AND torrential rain. :(

I lost a hood once at 70 -- well, had it fly open rather suddenly, flipping backwards past it's normal arc and crushing the cowl. It was my fault for not closing the hood completely, but it nearly scared the [email protected] out of me.

·
7,075 Posts
My older brother lost the hood off his drag car ('70 chevelle) the first time he took it out this year. It's fiberglass with no hinges and is designed to be lifted straight off once you loosen the quarter turn fasteners. I guess he must have forgotten to tighten them.

He was just in front of the traps in the 1/8th and was going right at 125 MPH when it went straight up in the air and then settled onto the track. All it needed was a little touch up paint. TALK ABOUT LUCKY!

Phil

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Ya, I lost a hood, too, once. Just got done at the track and was headed home. A car pulled up beside the truck and yelled out the window "you lost your hood". It was dark, I looked and there was my car with no hood on it. Went back to get my hood, and it was sitting right side up on the shoulder. Picked it up, removed the hood pins (that had been in my pocket when I left the track), pinned the hood and went home.

G

·
You drove all that way in the rain with a broken glass just to find you didnt have the keys to get in when you got there? You should apply for the doofus, that trip is award worthy ).

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It turned out my landlord was on vacation! Figures doesn't it?! I think I do need to apply for this month's doofus award, surely I deseve it! ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts