Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To paraphrase my favorite musician, Eminem/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif:

Guess whos back, back again/ Cloneys back, tell a friend/ Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back/ Guess who's back...

So, who is this guy, and why is he smiling??? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
http://a2.cpimg.com/image/0C/00/11467532-fbee-01970130-.jpg
Mmmmmm... Trophy Walleye, maybe??? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Yeah, baby!!!

Wow, what a time, lots of BIG fish this year. Caught 6 of 27" or bigger, including an 8lb 29" monster. Fighting an 8 lb fish for 15 minutes on 6 lb line is a THRILL! Lots of Northern Pike, and smallmouth too... 7 day trip, and we were at the legal possesion limit by day 2! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Ate Walleye for breakfast, lunch and dinner some days just so we could catch more. What a time! Just me, my father-in-law, LaBatt's (yummy!), and Jack Daniels! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Started reading through the 1000+ posts I've missed...Looks like almost everyone has been behaving!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Glad to see that my Powertour buddy bishir is back at it again too!!!

That's all for now, gotta start thinking about work tomorrow /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. Hopefully I'll have more time for reading then!

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Yeah, it feels good to be back. My connection speed is so fast now I've gone plaid. Come down to Pensacola if you want to catch some real fish /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Your trip sounded like a lot of fun. Remember that 69 convertible comp cams built? Well they have pics of it on their website www.compcams.com See you around the VMF.

James

BTW, if felt so empty without you /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Where I fish..that little guppie is a throw back..*LOL*

G

·
0 Posts
Teebone:

Sounds like you have never tasted FRESH walleye. Way worth the effort.
Cloney: What lake were you on? I take it you were in Ontario.

JB

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Thems the size we use for bait:) Glad you had a good time and welcome back...

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Walleye's are great eatin fish. But you already knew that.
Nice catch, see any Muskie or Pike??? I came back from the Black Hills and had over 2000 post to catch up on. It only took 2 hours.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Hey I wondered if anyone would get that. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We were on Lake Minnitaki in Northwest Ontario, between Dryden & Sioux Lookout. We were working out of Donnelly's Lodge there.

Fresh Walleye are great, right up there with fresh Crappie, IMHO.

Caught a BUNCH of Northern Pike also, only ate a few. Good taste, but a PITA to clean/eat due to all the bones. I think my biggest Northern was 40" or 41". We probably caught more Northern than Walleye, but threw 95% of them back - fun to catch - just like a largemouth bass with an attitude & teeth! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

No Muskie in Minnitaki /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. A few people were trying Lake Trout though, with not much caught. The smallmouth bass were a fun catch, but terrible eating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts