Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Story:

"My sister-in law is from Oklahoma and has a slight accent. She has cats and when she lived in the south she would take them to the groomers and have what is called a Line Cut. To her a line cut is when all of the fur hanging down below the cat's tummy is taken off (because it gets matted or snarled).

When she moved to Chicago with my brother, one of the cats fur got all tangled up during the move so she took it in for a line cut. She was quite surprised when she heard the price as it was twice as much as it was down south. She confirmed with the groomer that he understood what a line cut was and he said "yes, I know what a LION cut is." It seems her accent came out sounding like LION not LINE and this is how her cat was returned to her.

http://kastang.tripod.com/pictures/lioncut1.jpg
http://kastang.tripod.com/pictures/lioncut2.jpg

She cried for a week...but not as much as the cat. It was November in Chicago and the cat needed all the fur it had."

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am not a big cat fan, but that is the coolest looking one I ever saw....I think she should keep it like that....

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Poor thing!

But why is this for car lovers?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ROFLMAO! That is the funniest looking thing I've ever seen done to a cat! Poor thing seems to be saying "I'm so embarrassed, please don't tell my friends?"

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
You know there is an edit button (and a delete button) right in the upper right hand corner of the posts.

I always get a chuckle out of all the apologetic sig pic test posts, all one has to do is post, view and delete! Likewise in this case all that needs to be done is for the original poster to click the edit button and change car to cat.

John Harvey

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Man, that is FUNNY!! The look on the cat's face says it all!

Accents and local greetings sure are funny. When I moved to Florida from PA in 1983, everyone I worked with would say "Hey, Ed" when I walked by. I would always answer, Hey, WHAT? It took me months before I got used to Hey = HI! ::

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Dear Cats,

We need to talk. When I say to move, it means go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two cats in the way.

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by Nascar and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort. Look at videos of cats sleeping; they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but feline sarcasm.

My compact discs are not toys for you and your friends to play with.

For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years and I know that feline attendance is not mandatory.

The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough. It should be such a simple change for you.

:p

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
That is one unhappy looking cat :D

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
That is definitely a candidate for the Photo Caption Contest!

"Chicago in November, and I get a frickin' BUZZ CUT??!!"

or

"I'm going to kill everyone..."

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
ROFLMAO. Ok, ok, I just have got to take all the cats in and have that done when SWMBO goes to visit her sister again, That is too cool :: :D ::

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
That is horrible. Wouldn't the groomer think that a LION cut is inappropriate at this time of year? That cat looks so pissed... ::

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort. Look at videos of cats sleeping; they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but feline sarcasm.

Pics of Peaches the cat

The first 2 pics in the last row are great. ::

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I shave our cat twice a year like that. We laugh every time we do it. She looks so funny with the lion cut.

·
4,129 Posts
You might want to reconsider that. If the cats don't get ya tiggermom is sure to. :p

That pic is just way too funny! :: :: ::

More cat humor:
From the comic strip Willy & Ethel by Joe Martin
Nephew: Uncle Willy why did you name the cat "DOGMEAT"?
Willy: When he was born he didn't look that fast.

fd

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
A vet did that to one of my cats a long time ago. She had some kind of flea alergy (before the good flea meds now) and had gotten some bad wounds and infection. Well, we went to pick her up and she looked just like that. It was Jan. which was still pretty cold down here. That cat sat in front of the wood heater for the whole winter. She grew a really nice fur coat in a few months. Still have some pics of that one too.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,855 Posts
I don't know what's funnier, the haircut or the "I hate you all" expression on his face.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
At the local adoption agen, they had a long gold hair Persion they did that to and let me tell ya, that cat was awsome!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts