Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there own a Ford Focus? SWMBO & I are thinking of buying a used one (probably a wagon). Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with them. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
get an SVT FOCUS !! those things handle and brake in amazing ways !

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
have an '01 which is my wife's bingo car. has 18K on it and only had AC leak repaired under warranty. IMHO its a good cheap car.

·
Registered
333 Posts
We have a 2000 Sony Edition, 5 speed with the Zetec engine and love the thing! Total blast to drive! Only problems we had was a gas line fitting at the tank went, and something started to rattle in the front suspension, both were covered under warranty. We are very happy with it.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I've got an 01 ZX-3. Great little car - good zip, 30 mpg, and the insurance company likes it a lot better than the Mustang GT it replaced... Been back to the dealer once on a sensor failure - now have over 30K miles on it.

You might check out www.focaljet.com also for more info on specific model/year problems. Quality has improved each year - the Focus did suffer from bad publicity after introduction.

My mother has an 02 ZX5, and another friend also has an 02 ZX5 - both very happy with ZERO probelms.

Biggest drawback I've noticed is that resale $$$ is HORRIBLE!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed that resale value is low...which is good for me, since I'm buying used! Thanks for all the input gang!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts