Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Could they be looking for some sweet rides to boost in 60 seconds???? Can you say possiblly... Gone in 60 seconds???
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Being a photographer myself, I can think of a few legitimate reasons he'd be doing this: he could be trying to build a portfolio; he might give you the first image for free and charge for more than one or enlargements; he might be making a calendar. If he asks for a release then he's trying to make money somehow. I do wonder why he doesn't leave his full name, though. . .

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I emailed him when I first responded to his post asking if it was for portfolio work or some sort of spread. He hasn't gotten back to me. I don't think I would mind the portfolio work but the Calendar.. I dunno.

And I'm definitely second guessing things after considering what the other guys have said. It does sound like an awful convenient scam to find cars worthy of stealing. I think if this guy gets back to me and I end up deciding to do it, I'll bring my friend along with me (he's a detective that focuses on grand larceny). Could be interesting.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
If you sign a release then the images could be used for anything. I don't see why he would do any photography without getting a signed release from you. Why invest in a product and not be able to sell it? Signing a release usually involves giving your address and other info so I suppose there's the possiblility of foul play via that info. But that seems like a lot of trouble just to get that info. If he gets back to you and you decide to do it, take a camera with you and photograph him photographing your car. Document the occasion, just in case. . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts