Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I'd put in 40 hours by noon yesterday this week (and since I no longer have a boss), I gave myself the day off today to get new tires put on my boat trailer. So I go over to my storage place, put the trailer up on jackstands and pull the 4 wheels off the trailer and take them to America's Tire for some new rubber (the 10 year old originals are just too dry rotted and leak air).

As I pull into the tire store, I see an SUV with a boat on the back in the parking lot. I go inside and tell the counter guy I want 4 tires for my boat trailer. He asks if the trailer is here. "No, they're just loose in the back of my 4-Runner". "Oh, thank GOD! We've had 2 boats come in here in the last hour. I've got no idea what these people are thinking with towing these trailers in here and we just have to try to jack them up in the parking lot with them attached to the tow vehicles." He then turns and yells to another worker "Hey, we've got another boat to do". The other guy wheels around with an exaperated look on his face, and the first guy laughs and tells him they are loose, which brings a big smile to the second guy's face.

The counter guy tells me, "I get people that call or come in all the time and say 'I need tires for my boat'. So I ask them 'What kind of boat do you have that neesds tires?'"
He says most of them don't even get the joke and tell him what kind of boat they have ::

Just thought the whole thing was pretty funny. When I came back in to pick up the wheels/tires, the guy sees me come through the door and yells to that same co-worker, "Hey, can you get those 4 loose wheels out and help this guy load them into his truck?" So of course I have to be a smart a$$ and say "... or would you rather I pulled the trailer around for you to mount them on?" The counter guy just looks at me and says, "That WOULD be a neat trick if you could pull that trailer around without any wheels on it!" ::

·
Registered
379 Posts
my day has been brightened. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts