Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I hate doing this, but there are so many people on this forum Im sure to get some help. If you have been overweight and gotten into shape, or you are a weight lifter, please e-mail if you have time. I have a few questions for you.

·
Registered
616 Posts
sent you a e-mail

·
Registered
762 Posts
Whenever I feel like exercising I lay down until it goes away.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I know nobody actually does this first, but go see a doctor for a physical. If you have something like a Thyriod problem, then gaining weight may be a side effect of that, just an example. Second reason to see a doc is that you are probably going to take some kind of supplement and the doc will tell you if can handle them. I know many people are giving Ephredra a bad name, but its a wonder drug for losing weight and getting motivated. I have been taking Ephedra for over ten years( I have physicals yearly) and love it, but people who abuse it or do not follow the warnings are usually the ones getting injured or even dying.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was slightly overeight +10 pounds or so. Went in for my physical and found out that my triglycerides(sp?) were way off the chart.

Doctor put me on a low fat diet and I exercise several times per week. The result is I have 25 pounds in the first 4 months, triglycerides(sp?) are back in normal ranges. Have kept the same weight for the last two years I have been on the diet. I even cheat every now and then. SWMBO got on the same diet as me but she exercises much more than I do and has lost a bunch of weight.

We do not watch our portions at meals we just eat a low fat diet. Very little red meat, low fat everything (butter, milk, snacks, etc) It was a real difficult time at first when I was the only person in the house on the diet. Now our kids eat and exercise just like we do. Been good for all of us.

If you have any questions PM me.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Epedrine is a wierd drug as alot of the time it isn't a good idea to work out on it but is in alot of workout pills. A situlant is good but if taken before a few hours as the peak of the drugs effects are felt for 2-3 hours based on doseage. it is never a good idea to work out on a stimulant and rasie you heart pressure and beats to dangerous levels. With most over the counter drugs, If you can feel it then you've taken to much.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Heck, you couldn't catch me when I could barely walk. Watch out now! :p

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
With most over the counter drugs, If you can feel it then you've taken to much.
Does that go for coffee as well? I take ephedra for the same effects as coffee, the alertness. Its not for everyone. The main point of my first response was to see a doctor. I can see where this argument would go like the "which muffler sounds best". Nevertheless, I am glad this is a forum where we are all mature to answer and ask any question/topic and not be "flamed" by one another, peace!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts