Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never gone paintball shootin'. Does anyone know how much it hurts? I know it leaves bruises and all, but does it hurt that bad? What are your experiences?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've gone a few times, and one of my good friends is as obsessed with paintball as I am with Mustangs. It doesn't hurt bad at all. The first couple of times it catches you by surprise. Once you get hit a few times you realize that it really isn't anything. Have fun! Be sure to keep your facemask on, those things are flying pretty fast.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Used to play all the time. If you are playing unless its a knuckle shot or a head shot you barely even feel it. It does leave a welt if its close range. Make sure you protect the family jewels. Those shots are real painful.

When I first started playing we used oil based paint that was used to mark telephone poles and cattle. That was like getting shot with a super ball as they very rarely broke. Then it was a matter of how much pain you could take before you called yourself out. With the water based paint it is not nearly as bad and they break much easier.

Have fun! Its some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on ;)

G

·
0 Posts
It stings a bit, but no big deal... my thoughts are this: Don't get hit ;) all joking aside, keep the mask on and wear long sleeves and pants. The stuff can stain too, so bring stuff you don't care about.

On a side note, anybody want to buy some paintball stuff? I have a complete Autococker loadout, all equipment from mask to marker to kneepads that I want to get rid of. I need tires :)

Hope this Helps,
Ken

·
Registered
90 Posts
i used to play constantly. It only hurts if you get hit from close...like 5-10 feet away and if you get hit in the jewels. Then...its painful. Its worth any amount of pain though. The adrenaline rush you will get is incredible and its very fun to play. Just remember, dont ever take your mask off! Never ever ever during a game! Stupid people do that, maybe to wipe sweat from their eyes and they get hit in the face. Doesnt happen too often, but it does none the less. Oh yea, and the paint tastes terrible! ::

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
it stings at close range. wear face protection and a CUP!!!
That said it was the funnest time i ever had. :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts