Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My/Wifes 83 380 been making a weird noise near drivers wheel for several months-changed the shocks, sway bar, ball joints, even the sub frame connectors to no avail. Took it to a wise old MB mechanic I know and he said back in the 80's they had a problem with the subframes cracking on these and recalled a bunch of them (I found the recall on the web). Sure enough, mine not only has a crack but two cracks. He said If it broke, I'm into the wall or over the cliff, all of that.

So, I took it to MB today and they said $1700 to fix. Whoa, how bout since it was recalled, you fix it, and call me when it's ready, NO charge so that my trial lawyer buddy doesn't call you on behalf of my estate when I get killed driving it. My beautiful wife and small kids are going to make compelling witnesses.

Anyway, the service guy said he'll go to bat for me-specially since I showed him all the stuff I had repaired myself-I think he was a little impressed that I knew how to change out a motor mount and specially since VMFer HooverQ quided me into what to say and gave me a little cost ammo to talk to these guys with. (Thanks HooverQ),

So if they take care of it, I will post high praise for the Mopar bunch-if not-they don't wanna know.

Sorry for the O/T.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
John -
DCX has alot to prove over on this side of the Atlantic since they bought Freightliner and Chrysler. They understand they have something of an image problem in certain circles.

I'm betting they fix it - hoping you'll crow about their caring attitude.

Let us know how it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts