Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just had to come here and tell you that I got my driving permit today. I know it aint much to u guys but to me thats awesome haha. I got to drive home today from the liscense branch. I have already scared my parents twice :: My mom rode up front with me today and she was freaking out everytime she would see a car hit its brakes haha. Its great!! Sorry guys i just had to come and share this with you. I mean who else would i rather share it with then my good ole buddies on the VMF. !!!!!! ::

·
Registered
553 Posts
congrats! It's a crazy world out there on the highways, be careful. My 2 younger brothers just started driving recently and I cringe everytime I think about them having to be out on the roads. I'm not worried about their driving skills but just the other idiots not paying attention.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Congrats! I remember getting mine and practice driving with my father. He would get so worked up. I look back now and think no wonder he freaked. Driving is pretty scary sometimes and I have been doing it for quite sometime. Traffic today is a lot different now then is was then.

Good luck getting licensed and drive safe.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Congrats and be careful! My 15 yr old gets to drive the 66 frequently, with me of course! He already has 2 trucks (one he bought and we are restoring ('56) and one I gave him that runs good), so he's already raring to go...I say run like the wind while you are young, cause when you get as old as some of us old farts on here, you won't be able to run at all ::

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Whoo! Go you. I got mine last year on Sept. 11th, on the one year anniversary. It was weird how it turned out. I actually didn't drive home(foolish me). But Get good at driving, just watch out for everyone else. Like my dad says, "Drive like everyone else driving around you is an idiot. Because half the time they are." He may be wrong about half the time, but there are some pretty bad drivers out there. Well, that ended up longer than i wanted it to be.

Have fun learning to drive.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Just don't spend all your money on a V8 conversion later. :)

I remember how cool it was learning how to drive and finally having that little extra freedom. Be careful!

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Congratulations... big step in the life ladder. Never lose respect for the power/dangers behind the wheel.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congrats, and have fun with your parents in the car. I remember how my dad woould freak out. One time, we were going up a small road, and there was a bump in the road, when i hit it, he put his arms in front of his face like i hit something. Looking back it was funny, at the time it freaked me out.

Like everyone else said, when driving, everyone around you is an idiot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts