Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor has an interesting habit. When he decides that his tools are old, he throws them out. Whether they work or not.

This AM I looked on the curb and saw he had pitched something else out for the trashman. Went and looked it over; a 1960s era 1/2 HP Craftsman radial arm saw. Had a custom-made fence and everything. Took it to my shop, thinking, "even he wouldnt throw away a working radial arm saw, these things are 100s of dollars new!". Oh well, I could still pull some motor parts, etc and pitch the rest.

Plugged it in just for fun. Runs like a charm. ::

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I think those era of saws had a recall from Sears , there is no guards or something on them . If it has not been updated you can call and they will send you a kit to install the new guards .... if memory serves me correct :)
Nice find , dumb neighbor .... good for you ::

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think those era of saws had a recall from Sears , there is no guards or something on them . If it has not been updated you can call and they will send you a kit to install the new guards .... if memory serves me correct :)
Nice find , dumb neighbor .... good for you ::
Ill look into that...yea, I dont know what his "ism" is about this...he seems within the norm in all other respects ::

·
Registered
554 Posts
I thought I was the ony one who had a neighbor like that.
The latest "find" was a $500 dollar surround sound stereo unit and a roll away kennedy machinist tool box ::
I can`t wait for garbage day!

John

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My father-in-law gave me a sears table saw he purchased in the mid 80's, assembled and never used. It had a billion attachments and such. Took up too much room in my garage so I gave it to a friend of mine to "keep" for me. Kind of sad, probably worth $500 +++ and was NEVER used. He is currently "downsizing" his basement as they are intending to move in a year. I also got a mega tune-up/dwell meter and he has a ga-jillion other hand tools and such.

IIRC, he had a bunch of consoles and other fodder my bro-in-laws stripped out of a few years of cars. Eat-Hay, here I come LOL.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Perhaps you can get him interested in vintage mustangs....and wait for him to cast off a few ! ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts