Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some jackass sold me a crummy door panel for my superduty truck. It was a wrecking yard, and they broke half of the plastic mounting tabs off of the back of it. Thing was packed so well, that you could have shipped 2 dozen eggs with it and they wouldnt have broken. Their excuse was that it was damaged in shipping. It was blatantly obvious that it was damaged upon removal from the vehicle.

They wouldnt accept it returned and would not refund my money. So, I filed fraud through Ebay's Squartrade. Good news....I won! Ebay is sending me a check, refunding my money. I emailed ebay to ask them what will happen to this fraudulent seller, but they wont reply.

I am assuming nothing will happen and they will continue to let this seller sell crap as long as they get their fees out of him.

Am I correct? Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
OK I have to ask the painfully obvious question......

Did you post mature, honest, concise negative feedback?

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's what I put for feedback for him:

"FRAUD! Sent junk, would do nothing about it. I Won Fraud case against him"

And of course even though I followed his instructions in his auction to a "T" he will still give me negative I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
juggalo4lifejn

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Good for you..Always nice to hear the brighter side of eBay.

We all hear the horror stories.

As for him.. was payment made thru PayPal? If so they may pull back his payment made to his account. He will definately get a nick on his account. I believe three nicks are your a goner. But he'll be back next month with another user name.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And this name didn't make you worry the guy might be a moron?
LOL..yeah, I thought that. But he has pretty good feedback for the most part. And, try and find a gray door panel for a 99 superduty truck with power windows! This was the first one I'd seen on ebay....or anywhere for that matter....after looking for 6 months!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
he gets 3 strikes, if 3 claims are filed against him then he is erased from the memberbase... this does nothing due to the fact its easy to start a new name from a different computer, due to the fact they only ban his computers IP number.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
he gets 3 strikes, if 3 claims are filed against him then he is erased from the memberbase... this does nothing due to the fact its easy to start a new name from a different computer, due to the fact they only ban his computers IP number.
They also ban your household (home address) and the credit card that backed the account. So to sign up again, the person would need a new home address and credit card that is associated with that new address.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
He hasn't yet left negative feedback for another high bidder that left him negative feedback, so you might get by unscathed in that regard.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts