Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Thats cool. I have the same thing happening at Aug 1st. My wife and kids are going to visit her parents for about 5 days. I plan to work no-stop on my car and get as much work done as possible. I may not even sleep. Plus I can go to guy stuff (IE car racing) at night and not feel guilty to be home. Just behave.......
Kevin

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Too late, should have been ordering parts to arrive the minute they leave! Then you could have had a whole week to install them.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Well, I also recently enjoyed some time alone and savored such delicacies as beer and cold cereal for dinner.

Dress up in your best suit and stop by a Ferrari dealer for a test drive/flogging.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have some work I need done on my car. Why don't you come down and get right to work. :: Have fun.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Bill I know the feeling all too well with lots of times my wife off to shows but she leaves me the kids and kennel so my time everything but Free.

Hey You should come down to Searpoint for the Lemans seris races this weekend, man how I would love to drive one of those babies. You might run into Ken ( My car Guy) hes running there all weekend.

You could always come down and work on finishing stripping my 68 as going to dip shop in week or so and few little things left to do, only thing is I'll be gone on vacation.

You could sleep in alot but IMHO very overated, I'll have all the time in world to sleep when Iam dead. You could venture out to some way out of way bone yard and look for treasures. Now if it were I, most likely would go to Reno but thats my thing. You could go visit a VMFer a distance away say Hal or bossman or such.

Whatever you do have fun.

Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm jealous!

My neighbor down the street is single for a week too. I got home yesterday, and while I was keeping my kids occupied out front, he was wrenching on his new suped up c-4 he's putting in!

How'd he do it? His wife doesn't work, so she can take off whenever she wants, but he's limited to vacation days so he gets to stay home for some of the trips.

I have more vacation days than my wife, so I get to take a few extra days. When I do, she puts me on a guilt trip about taking the kids to daycare if I try to stay home and work on the Mustang (and it works).

Must be nice!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Time to break out them leather pants !!! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts