Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a 94 bronco with a 5.8 i just had the E40D rebuilt, and the transfer case ( about 2400 dollars and the motor was replaced about 50,000 mile ago, i am having a hard time keeping it running, it bucks and stumbles and you can only barly push the gas to make it build speed slowly,
heres what ive done with no improvement,
new fuel pump ( in the tank POS)
new map sensor
new tps ( throttle postion sensor)
new muffler and tail pipe ( just because the old one had holes i found in it)
new o2 sensor
new spark plugs

i HAVE NOT changed
plug wires
distributer components
fuel injectors ( although i do use injector cleaner regularly)
sensors on the tranny

ANY IDEAS help ( or i might have to kill it)

thanks ! ::

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Some Fords have to do a hard reset to the computers after any kind of failure. Particularly the earlier ones. The battery cable reset doesnt work on some of them and the computer goes stupid.

Basically, I would recommend you get someone with a scanner on it to see if its throwing any codes, if there isnt, use the scanner to do a reset. My Snap-on one will do it, I assume all decent ones will.

Even if you do find codes, do the hard reset, I have had a few that ran like crap until the Snap-on scanner class (read: sales pitch with Q&A) had some additional info for me. Now I do them all that way

·
Registered
39,081 Posts
Have you put a fuel pressure gauge on it? Have seen bad fuel pressure regulators do this. Sure sounds like a real low fuel pressure problem.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i havent where should i put it on at? the fuel bars at the injectors has a port!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts