Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking up Rosario Resort for a overnighter and becoming completely shocked - We stayed there about 6 years ago and enjoyed it/ now it is ~ 300 for a weekend night, visiting the San Juans over this weekend is not going to happen.

Anyone have suggestions for a day trip? We had thought about doing a highway 20 drive over the Northern Cascades to eastern WA and down.

I need to even out the playing field so I'm spending money on the family for now. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
We just spent a night at Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop a few weeks ago. It's a bit spendy as well (I think $250-ish a night). There are other less expensive lodgings available over in Winthrop area as well. It's a beautiful drive over 20 and I'll bet the leaves are starting to turn as well.

You could also go to Leavenworth.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
With all those parts you been buy'n, it's gunna take ALLOT of "Day" trips to level the playing field there Danno :eek:

North Cascades is a LONG day trip but definitely worth the drive. There's a nice lodge up near Twisp, or Winthrop thats good for a layover if you want to streatch it into 2 days (Sorry, never could remember the name of the place Ken Schal? ::) Oh....... Thanks Keith Sun Mountain.... Thats the one! you beet me to it ::

You could also go north to BC or take the ferry over to Victoria, or do the BB thing somewhere on Vancouver Island. The US$$$ go a little farther up there!

Or a drive out along Hwy 101 around the Peninsula is also nice. Plus it's off season now along the Washington beaches so hotel rates are cheaper in places like Ocean Shores ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Hey Dan...if you like the Islands....Friday Harbor has a couple of places that aren't real bad...I'll send you a link in the morning....its "off" season there now...or is it Oct. 1st....anyway ..you can get a no frills room there overlooking the harbor for $69 a night....

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
How about Harrison Hot Springs ? Still good deals in B.C. Not that far of a drive .

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
How about a day of antique shopping in fabulous Snohomish, Washington this Sunday?
S M O O T H....... ;) (I like it!) :: ::

1 - 16 of 16 Posts