Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new truck from Scotty on Thursday night. After a nice "wet" drive home..(Seattle it figures! ::) get home after dark... Get up Friday, load the boat up for a Weekend at the lake...(Mr Stroker and the Mach(Mark)come up for a little recreation.) Truck sits all weekend...Load up the boat and drive home yesterday...
Spend the late afternood cleaning and spiffing it all back up ...Looking good! :)....SWMBO decides she would sure like ta drive it to work today! :: Oh well, guess I'll be stylin'... tommorrow! ::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Oh Ken, she just wants to drive it when the boat's not hooked up. That beep beep beep when backing up sure is annoying ::

Family had a GREAT time this weekend :: Too bad we lost the soccer game on Sunday :sad:

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way there Scotty....That power take off button you pointed out...LOL thats the button that shuts off that annoying backup buzzer! :: That back up thing is nice when backing up to a trailer....pain in the @ss once its loaded! LOL at least till you read the manual on how to turn it off!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Geez Ken, you say you lost the truck, then you talk about launching your boat. Here's what I was thinking:
http://www.truckworld.com/Stuck-Of-The-Month/99-march.jpg
Glad to hear it was just Amy stealing it!

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess under normal conditions...wouldn't be to bad. But I had to jocky the boat around at one of the neighbors places up there to launch it...between it being tight quarters to turn it around, me not being used to the extra length, and him having about 30-40 yards down to the water...and then with the taller tailgate...not being able to see the trailer to load up again....my ears are still "Buzzing"! ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
It's a poor musician that blames his instrument. Is somebody upset because they suck at backing trailers? ;) ::

You sound like Goldielocks:
"the trailer was too long and the tailgate too high, then I shut off the buzzer and everything was juuuuuuuust right"! ;) ;) ;) ::

LOL - And, yes...I'm just jealous of your new truck. :( ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your really not that far off....Ya got all those folks watching the guy with the "new" truck...trying ta back up this trailer...just waiting for him to screw up! ...(pressure, pressure) So your trying "hard" not ta look like a Dum @ss backing up for the 1st time and ya got this Buzzer "screaming" at ya the entire time! "Tainting" you with every "wrong" turn! :eek: :: ::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Yeah and then you've got me sitting there with you ::

Oh watch out..... better watch out....... Oh No!, Oh No!
:p :p ;)

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tudor Red with Arizona beige trim....The red's a little darker and the beige a little less gold than I thought it would be....I think its gonna be a little tough to keep up with, but it sure is pretty when its clean!(lots of little trim moldings that seem to hold water...so your RE-drying it over and over) :( Like anything else...new styling has to grow on you a bit...But, I'm liking it more every day... got a guy coming to tint the windows today. One real nice suprise is the gas mileage! I'm averaging 16.4 and I'm guessing it should get better. My Yukon picked up almost 2-2 1/2 miles per gallon over time...As far as the towing...been hard to compare...about the time I start thinking my Yukon had better low end pulling...I look down and I'm doing 50- 55 with this..when I think I'm going 35-40? Power band (?) just seems to be different...
Obviously...I have a pile invested here...but I can say, No regrets...I'm very happy with the truck! Any of you guys have any thoughts of replacing what you have....go see "Scotty" and try one of these out...even if your not in the market for the near future...Go drive one! I think Ford has a home run here...(and I've driven GM trucks for 25 years) and for those that wonder and are to shy to ask....I'd buy from Scott again in a heartbeat! As smooth a car deal as I've ever done...

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey....was that a Sales pitch or what! :: :: Gotta run...got "Consumer Reports" on the other line!.. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Had a great time this past weekend also. :: :: ::

The truck is niiiiice. Climb on in, and boy is it comfortable. Lucky guy, you!!!

Oh, Sir.....you lost?? Sheesh what's up with that. Shelby won, so were still undefeated. {crosses fingers} NeenerNeenerNeener :p :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts