Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The school year is approaching (Aug. 26th :( ) and I need to refresh my T-shirt supply. I wanted to get this Mustang T-shirt. Has anyone bought one of these shirts? I want to make sure I am not buying a cheap POS T-shirt. Cal. Mustang charges $7.00 for shipping a T-shirt. That is too much. What other companies carry this shirt or other Vintage Mustang related shirts?

Now, I would like to express my dislike for the following product:

Gator Grip...

GG is a $10.00 piece of sh*t. On my first attempt at removing a bolt, one of the pins broke. I was angry but I thought I could still use it. Several attempts later I gave up when a 4th pin broke. I knew I should not have purchased it when I saw the following phrase on the package: "AS SEEN ON TV!" I also thought the pins would be prone to breaking but I was desperate. I thought it was worth a try...and it was because I now know that GG is the worthless POS I first thought it to be and I can warn other not to purchase this product of poor craftsmanship. Please heed my warning. GG will be returned tomorrow. I would also like compensation for the gas I wasted by driving to the store to purchase GG. I hate you Gator Grip. ::

Ok, enough ranting about Gator Grip. I think you understand how mad...well, not mad, just amazed at how poor this tool (should it even be referred to as a tool?) really is.

[School Rant] School has been starting earlier each year for the past few years. It's ok because I want to get this year over with. I hate my high school. Many of the kids consider themselves "ghetto" (they also think they live in the ghetto) by wearing the expensive clothing, big chains, and other expensive accessories. Doesn't this contradict the whole meaning of the word ghetto? Well, maybe they are from the ghetto because is seems most of them cannot afford a belt to properly restrain their pants from sagging below their buttocks. [/School Rant]

I am going to stop myself. I could go on for hours...but I wont. ;)

Thanks for listening to my inane ramblings. ::

Justin

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
One thing I noticed, right off the bat, when both my daughters graduated high school. They both went away to College. The first day there, while my wife and I were dropping them off was this: They didn't care what ANYBODY though of what they were wearing. They didn't care what ANYBODY ELSE had on. Funny how as little as about 80 days between high school and college changed things.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stopped caring about what people thought of me a few years ago. I keep a clean appearence but I dont do it for anyone. I don't go out of my way to look "purty" for people. I just want a few Mustang shirts to let people know I'm into old Mustangs. I might meet some kids in my school who have a vintage stang. Other than a Stang shirt or two I have a Sublime shirt (on of my favorite bands). The rest of the week I will just wear plain shirts that won't stand out and have graphics that people seem to want to stare at. I used to wear shirts that brought attention to myself (not purposely). The shirts would have something on them that people would want to read. This year I am going in the opposite direction. No shirts that people will want to read. Near the end of last year I wore shirts that had big holes in them at the hem line. The shirts shrunk and I was always pulling them down by the bottom of the shirt. I didn't care.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Hey, why not get some thick cotton T's and iron on paper to print up a few shirts on your own. Just a few tastefull pix and perhaps a comment (do you have a VMF shirt yet, no $7 shipping there either). Anyway, no one will care which shirt you wear, just make yourself happy.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I don't think that shirt would look good on you Charles.. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts