Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Im bored and looking around the Mustangs Unlimited website. First let me say im not bashing them in anyway, ive always gotten good products from them. Now, i come across some windshield decals with "Mustangs Unlimited" printed in just some basic lettering. They want $15 for these. Now i love my car and im pleased with my products from MU. However, $15 to drive around advertising their store, i think not. Would it not be in this companies interes to simply supply "a free sticker with every purchase" or something to that effect. Seems to me theyd make more money off the exposure than the few people who buy these stickers. Oh well, i have the same beef with clothes stores that make you pay $25 for a Tshirt that has their store name in big letters across the front. I guess thats the ultimate way to advertize, make the customer pay for it directly. :p

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I agree, a shirt & stickers like that say, "Look at me, I paid $ to advertise for this company"...amazing. But last week I bought a basic Ford oval t-shirt. Am I an idiot or a loyal consumer? Wait, don't answer. :: :: ::

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
I've often had the exact same thought. And what about the cheap-o plastic license plate frames (or, for those of you in other parts of the country, those tacky chrome emblems on the trunk lid) that car dealerships slap onto new cars? Granted, they don't (directly) charge you for them, but you are performing free advertising for them, AFTER having just paid THEM for your car! Unless you were REALLY happy with your purchase, this seems a bit goofy to me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts