Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The board shut my company down today. Just a bit of cleanup left....Anyone know of any IT or Telecom management jobs out there?? I am in the DFW area but have been working in Houston for the last year.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Lost my job in late '01, started my own business, doing well, but just today got a call from a headhunter and was thinking about rejoining the corporate world - steady $$, benefits, paid vacation, etc.

Your message reminded me about the benefits of working for yourself, and the risks that you face when you put faith in the ability of others to successfully run a business that you rely on, and give your blood, sweat and tears to.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have owned my own company and worked for large&small companies.

The telecom industry is just unstable for those who wish to live in that world....For me, it is my native industry and what I am good at. I will just keep plugging away.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Todd,

Sorry to hear about the job situation. I'm just waiting for my job to move to Asia somewhere (I'm a sr. network engineer), and that looks like it's approaching.

I know the Phoenix IT market is picking up, because I'm watching it. We're actually looking for a new "Global WAN/LAN/Telecom Manager". Of course, I would have a hard time recommending my employer to anyone. :)

Good luck!

joe

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I'm recently certified & live in metro-area MD. The IT pickins are slim and everyone wants security clearance.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yep, agreed. It's not my industry, but my father-in-law and two brothers-in-law (and one of their wives) are all in the high-tech sector - chip designer, some sort of wireless R&D guy, a manufacturing engineer and a Nortel veteran with about 35 years with the company in R&D. All have lost(and mostly also found) jobs in the last two years. Volatile market lately, but it's their thing and they love it.

I'm just a humble marketing/advertising type, in other words, no industry-specific skills or specialized knowledge to sell. A blessing and a curse, sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts