Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Classic Fords are a great addiction. I need something cool and old to drive while my 68 fastback is in intensive care. With the help of fellow VMF'er HUSKER 70 I brought this car home last night. Thanks for the great deal Kevin....YOU DA MAN!!! Anyway, I need everybodys opinion on what hood scoop to use to fill the hole cut in the hood. 66 Shelby scoop, 69 Mach scoop, or the T Bolt tear drop scoop? Or maybe something alittle different yet cool I didnt think of.And by the way who out there has parts? Thanks...
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL62/770052/1890340/32529211.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Tear Drop! Unless you want to put a roots style supercharger on top of the motor... then I say go with the butterfly scoop!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
ditch the chrome, paint it white, tub it, add some micky's out back, you really need all them headlights? add some stickers, ditch the fancy wheels, get some steel wheels paint'em white, skinny tires up front with 4 inch wide wheels , of coarse it needs a big block,like a 427 and a 4 speed, ladder bars , roll cage. dump the fancy seats too, junk that heavy nose , get a fiberglass one peice front end with.................you got it... a tear drop scoop.
Oh ,get a couple carbs.And while your tubbing , get rid of the shock towers , your gonna need the space.
Hummm what was the question?

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Hey, I am also looking for a Fairlane......I like that year along with the 65's and 66's.....

I would use a small stock style......Just enough to fill the hole......

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When my stang is done, I want to convert this Fairlane to a drag car....I have thought of doing all those things. The car has the Rod and Custom front end with the Mustang II hardware so the shock towers are gone. It also has a 9" Detroit locker in it. I think Im going to ditch the locker for a limited slip for street driving. I have a 351W, or a 428, or a 429 Cobra Jet lined up, just dont know which route I want to take. Its got a AOD and blown up 302 in it now thats coming out.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea...a butter fly scoop come with the car. But it really needs to sit on top of a blower, not a single 4brl.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Tear drop. That way you have a thunderbolt! Then, paint it JD green with lemon yellow stripes!! :: :p

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have to agree with those that prefer the "tear drop". Of course, I was around when the factory Galaxies, T-bolts, Falcons, and Mustangs used them. One thing about the tear drop hood is that it is almost exclusively a "Ford" thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts