Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to the doctor's office about yet again, my shoulder. I am driving up the street which is a small secondary road and see 4 count em, 4 town highway trucks all lit up like Clark Griswold's house at Christmas. I figured that something big must be going on. As I approach the stop sign where they are, I see 8 guys out there.

1 guy working the now empty wheelbarrow, 1 guy tamping the asphalt patch into the 9" diameter pothole, 4 guys supervising and 2 "safety observers?".

Now I start looking for all the rest of the holes that would warrant a response just shy of calling out the Guard, BUT, this was the only pot hole visible in the area. 5 bucks says the hole will be opened up again in 2-3 weeks :: :: ::

Go figure

·
Registered
758 Posts
It could be for any number of reasons, good or bad. Maybe it was a crew traveling from repair spot to repair spot, and you happened to see them at an absurdly small one. It may have even been an unplanned "spot" repair by a passing crew.

'Minds me of home, though. We got our very own police department and city here a few years ago. They get so excited at having something to do that there are sometimes four cars handling a fenderbender.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I see that alot in my town. Saw five city workers watching one city worker shovel some sand by a childrens slide at a park. Moral support ::I guess LOL!!
Not bad compared to the 1 billion dollars that will be wasted between the two presidential candidates this year.
Now that's a waste of money!!!! ::
John

·
Registered
379 Posts
thats just like caltrans always was. there would be one man in the hole working and four or five standing around outside the hole watching. seemed to get things done in the end though.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
A young lady here in town called the police to report a rape. The police came out to take the report and asked here if she had any idea about who did it.

She said no, except that she was sure he worked for Caltrans. The police asked how she knew that. She told them that he had an orange vest and she had to do all the work.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
These are the "new jobs" that have been created as a result of our "robust economic recovery". They either stand around and watch each other take turns working, or they sit on the couch and pretend to look for jobs. I'd rather have them standing around, myself. They're spending their paycheck at the local bar on booze and lottery tickets anyway, so the money is coming right back into the economy. It all works out in the end, see?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have one better. When I was in high school I worked at a tire shop. The city meter readers (it takes 2??) drove up to read the water meter & had a flat tire in our parkinglot. They looked at it for about 20 minutes then they came in. Not to get the tire changed but to borrow the phone. Then they went back out to the truck to wait. 1 1/2 hours later the city wrecker (2 more people) & a city car (2 more people). The picked the car up with the wrecker & 4 people got in the car. almost 3 hours later the leave. The next day the wrecker shows up @ about 11:00 with the flat tire to get it fixed. They didn't want to wait they were on their way to lunch. "We (2 of them again) will get it after lunch" . About 1:15 they show up & pick up the tire They have a P.O. to get it fixed, A total of $3.50. Are you reday for this. 9:00 the next morning the first 2 show back up & read the water meter. ::

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.