Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
People always say that they are only hurting themselves, but their loved ones suffer also:
web page

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm sorry, I cannot help you learn to tell the parents this. But I know smoking= early death. Do whatever it takes to quit now, smoking is the worst addiction of any drug besides heroin ( I have heard) Do whatever you can to kick the habit now, and it will haunt you the rest of your life. Try later and you cant do it. Take it from an ex smoker who switched to Skoal smokeless tobacco. You cant get away from that drug, only try to fight it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
QUIT NOW!!!!!!!
I have smoked for most of my adult life, It is NOT cool, It is not attractive, It is not something that you want in your life.
70% of the girls in the world will NEVER have anything to do with you for this single habit.
2 packs a day!! That is 3000.00 a year! Those cool shoes you want!!??!! You could buy a new pair every month!
You will be the MOST disciminated against minority in America.
Tell your Parents that you smoke and need their help to stop!!!
repeat: TELL YOUR PARENTS THAT YOU SMOKE AND NEED THEIR HELP TO STOP!!!!
I know you are 14 , never gonna die or grow old, your invulnerable and tommorrow is for worrying about later.
Ask a teacher, counselor, someone from church. Nothing smoking offers is worthwhile. It offers to control and diminish your life.
Go work on your car, learn something new, talk to a girl, ask you parents how their day was and listen, learn to play the
guitar.....ANYTHING you can do to stop this now, while you still can.
Bruce (TX)

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I think you asked the wrong Forum for this advice :p
Try Phillip Morris ::
I watched my Dad suffocate to death from lung cancer, not a pretty site to see someone you love die that way and there`s nothing you can do... :(

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ask your parents for help.

Think about how tough you think this thing is to kick, then realize it is tougher than kicking herion. You are not alone in this, the American Heart and Lung Associations have help lines that will talk you through and help on all the issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It seems the consensus is for you to quit, and I have to agree. There is absolutely NOTHING good about smoking. Haven't you seen all the recent commercials for anti-smoking, butt-man, etc.? Thing about it! Your LIFE is at stake, it's disgusting, it's expensive, and (here's the kicker) girls hate guys that smoke! Let us fellow VMFers encourage you...quit, now!

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
What, you think if you tell them, that they will buy you cigarettes?! Dream on.

This is an opportunity for you to do something smart - STOP NOW!!! Go through withdrawl and be done with it.

Add up what you would spend on two plus packs of cigarettes a day for the next 4 years - then consider what you could buy for your Mustang with that money!

A little hint - if you've been smoking for 6 months you literally stink (odor), your teeth are changing color, and you are breathing differently (and probably coughing). If your parents don't know (I doubt they don't) they will soon.

Get out while you are young and tough and the health problems aren't to entrenched!!

STOP NOW!!!!!!!

John Harvey ::

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Your parents probably already know you smoke. To make my point stand close to a smoker, take a big whiff, and you'll see what I mean.
If you think it's hard to go without now, wait until you've smoked for 30 years and try to quit.
The fact is they are very expensive. They drain your billfold and ruin your health.
One thing about it though,
You'll smell good?
Use your head and quit now while you have one.
[email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man you're 14!
I don't think you play sports cuz if you did you would see how bad you are dragging @$$ and stop. Try and run a mile... hell try to run down the block I will bet that you feel like a fish out of water when you're done. ;)

14 and two packs a day. Best of luck to you!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I watched my grandparents' eventual decline due to smoking. It's not a nice way to go.....

Stopping now, even though it's hard, will be the single best health decision you ever make.

I'll make a novel suggestion: tell you parents, own up to making a stupid mistake in starting, and ask for their forgiveness and help in trying to quit. I think you'll be surprised at how they respect that maturity at age 14 - that, and then they can support your quitting.....

The VMF speaks the truth.

Good advice is often easy to get, and hard to take!

Best of luck - Dickson

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have NEVER heard anyone say they were happy they started smoking, me included. I know teens think they will live forever (I was one once), but it ain't true and if you don't quit now (before your habit increases) you WILL be a sorry MF when it comes time you want to quit (I know).

·
Registered
466 Posts
i would like to know if you are actually reading all these comments that are being made to you?????????????? respond and tell us what you have done, what you think, or are going to do. something or you going to chicken out on atelast telling your parents you smoke?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts