Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this weekend we moved my teenager to college.SWMBO and I are alone for the first time in 18 years. How many have kids in college now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How are you feeling about it? :: or :( ? My son's only 15 months old, so I cannot relate, but I'm curious.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
You should be happy that you and SWMBO will have some time alone. Your son will hopefully be enjoying his new freedom (compared to high school hours) and earning good grades. My brother is going to a community college for a semester. If he does well, he will probably transfer to Pitt Johnstown in Pittsburgh, PA and rent a house with a friend of his and several other people. I only have to put up with one more year of 7 hour school days for 5 days a week. I can't wait for college. ::

·
Registered
793 Posts
We moved my youngest son to college last weekend. The third time around was easier than the first two. It will take time to adjust but in the future that teenage person will come to you for advice and support. Enjoy.

Dave

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I only have to put up with one more year of 7 hour school days for 5 days a week. I can't wait for college.
You WILL regret those words!!!!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Our only child is now a senior in an out of state school (Miss. State Univ) and has been gone 3 years. At first it was too quiet since this was where her friends used to hang out. However after the first year we got really used to the quiet, being able to do what we wanted, and having the house to ourselves. Now it seems when she comes back for visits (did not come home this summer since she had a job) the bustle gets to be over bearing. We look forward to the quiet.
Don't take this wrong, we love her, go to Miss. a couple of times a year to see her, and want her home for christmas break.
But, Silence blissful Silence.

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Enjoy it ... it may not last!!!! *LOL*

I have 2 kids in college right now. Both were suppossed to go away. One did and came back. Both have now decided to stay here. We were looking forward to an empty nest, but never got it.

I'm not complaining, though, but instead of an empty nest, we now have my son's GF from New York staying with us through this semester ('till she gets her VA benefits straightened out and gets into the dorm), and with my daughter's BF always here now, too, instead of loosing 2, I think we inhereted 2! ::

The good news, though, is that with the much lower price of 2 kids at a local community college instead of 2 kids in dorms out of town, the sporstroof project has really picked up steam with all the extra money ::

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We can't help worring over her . Only child....We are probably over protective. So far she has called every day. Thank goodness for free nights on her Cell..

G

·
I can relate, dropped my youngest of at college on the 15th (have two boys). The oldest is out of college and is working for a computer gaming company. The youngest is a Rook at Norwich University. It's been 22 years since SWMBO and I have been along. I love my kids, but it's nice to have the house to ourselves again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts