Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple people have asked what's up with my sig pics. I just upgraded my internet service. I went with a bundled package with digital cable, ADSL, and telephone. It's about $40 less than what I was paying before, and I get over twice the speed that I had before (it was fast before, but it ROCKS now! )

The only catch was that I couldn't keep my existing static IP address. I had to get a new one. This all just happened Friday, so my old IP address is cached all over the world in various DNS servers. It will take it a few days for all the caches to expire. In the meantime, I'm just not putting my sig pic in my posts, as it will slow anyone down that reads my posts, as it tries to pull my sig pic from my server at my old IP address. I'll start using them again in a couple days after the caches start to expire, and the DNS servers of the world start checking for the correct IP address again.

The other catch was that with the new bundled service, my old DSL modem wouldn't work anymore, so I needed to get a new router. So I upgraded to a new Netgear 110 megabit 802.11 G router and card for my laptop. The difference in speed now on my laptop is just phenominal.

·
Registered
211 Posts
"and I get over twice the speed that I had before (it was fast before, but it ROCKS now! )"

And how is this going to help your speeding problem?? ::
Stay away from C.H.

·
Administrator
13,027 Posts
Could it be that this ISN'T Johnpro? I don't know about the rest of you but seeing a "supposed" posting by John (without a pic) is really strange! I think something sinister has happened to our beloved John!
Stan

·
Premium Member
11,703 Posts
I feel the need.... the need for speed!!!!

Don'tcha just hate when technology gets in the way of making things work?

My DSL was down for almost the whole day last Friday. I couldn't do anything about it until I got home though. It only took them four hours to fix it though, once I told them it was down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts