Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say "not quite a rant" because I'm not really upset. Just one of those things that make you roll your eyes and shake your head...

We had to drop off the wife's Windstar this morning for new tires. They were worn and there's been a shimmey I wanted checked out. I expressed my opinion that it was probably the worn tires, but that they should take it for a spin to see what I was talking about.

I get a call in an hour or so that the car was ready. "Did you feel that shake, and did the new tires get rid of it" I asked... "Oh, we're not insured to drive customers' cars."

Since when can't major tire chains drive a customer's car around the block to check for problems? Just seems a little odd, doesn't it?

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
That does seem very strange! Maybe because it was a Windstar... Had you taken the Mustang in, it might have been a different outcome ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Since when?? Since customers cars eren't making it back to the shop intact and returnable..

·
Registered
10,207 Posts
Good, now you can say that it never had that shimmy, until they fixed the tires....Just kidding.
At Midas, I made sure that we drove evey car we worked on just so that kind of crap (getting blamed for something) would not happen.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,414 Posts
Strange. A know a few VERY good mechanics and one good alignment man. The main thing they have in common is that they all absolutely insist on driving the customer's car a reasonble distance before considering any work on it "finished". The only exception would be a special or particularly valuable car where they would have the customer drive while they rode along.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts