Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Did anyone live in that crash?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The outline of the car does look a little too clean like it was photoshopped.
Plus if they were going fast enough to wrap the car around the tree like that it should have also cut the tree in half.
It's not that big of a tree.
I could be wrong though

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess my point is – why would someone "Photoshop" this car around that tree? I mean, it clearly hit something. And if it weren't that tree, it must've been a telephone pole or something similar.

If you're going to go to all the trouble of faking a wreck photograph, then at least use something more spectacular than a tree. How about a traffic cop with his back turned? See: humor and incredible! ;)

Speaking as a professional Photoshop artist, I tend to think it's real – especially with the other photos of different angles...

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I was thinking photo trickery before guessing V2 and V3 were other pics...

But, it does seem odd that a small tree like that could absorb that kind of force and not be toppled... but we all don't know what that car may have hit BEFORE it ended up there in a possible weakened state...

Doesn't look like a BMW to me... they don't have 4 lugs or those types of wheels as far as I know... but unsure...

What's with all the teenagers there? It looks like they were all taken there to 'scare them straight' or something...

-bob

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I also think it was a BMW before, but dont think it was photoshopped. Maybe the car hit something before and ended up there? I cant see any of its front end which makes me think it was split in half by something else before it ended up there.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
if you look a pic #3, it kind looks like the front end is litterally crumpled, kinda like when you crush a can....But i am still trying to decide wether it hit somehting else, then the tree, or if the tree somehow survived that crash....Maybe it did hit a telephone pole or somehting, and they moved it out to that tree as a kind of attraction? But notice that the front end would either have to have been torn off, or the engione removed so it could crumple like that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts