Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I want to say THANKS for helping me get it on the road. This forum and members have helped me take care of a lot of issues with it, even though it is not a mustang!

Lot's of beautiful Mustangs on the road last weekend! I think I can thank the Monterey shindig for it.I fully expected to see Mitch on the road in Atascadero but forgot where his "tree shop" was or what it was called.

We made it! 240 miles each way, with no major problems! It was only driven around town for a week before we made the trip to Santa Maria (My truck clubs North South Run, show officially called the West Coast All Truck Nationals.). We never got it primed one color, so we drove down in all it's rusty glory, just as yoyu see it in my gallery. I prefer to call it a beautiful "patina" of colors.
With the exception of a bum alternator (fought with it, and it's replacements, the entire trip) it was a smooth ride. Unfortunately a few other members of our club didnt fare so well. My buddy lost his clutch coming down a grade, another had a hole in his radiator, and another lost their brakes on the way home. My husband and friend R&R the clutch right in the hotel parking lot! Needless to say, he won the "Hard Luck" award this year.

Maybe I can get back to Elvis now~

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good Lord, I'm getting forgetful...or inhaled too much exhaust lately. I already posted this without the Thanks. So let it stand at THANKS! (Going to go find my memory now.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts