Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kid has become very famous.

We the undersigned, urge you to consider Ghyslain A.K.A. "Star Wars Kid" for a cameo in the upcoming Star Wars Episode III movie.

If you do not know who the Star Wars Kid is, here is his story:

The Star Wars Kid was just goofing off at school. Now he finds his private performance downloaded by Internet users across the world.
The Star Wars Kid is a 15-year-old from Quebec known only as Ghyslain -- his parents are keeping his last name secret to protect his identity. Back in November 2002, Ghyslain was goofing off at a school video studio and recorded himself fighting a mock battle with a broomstick lightsaber. Over two minutes, the video shows the lone, overweight teenager twirling his mock lightsaber ever faster while making his own accompanying sound effects.
Yes, we've all had our dorky, private moments, but this poor kid is living the nightmare of having his private dorkiness projected across the world to giggling Web users. His friends found the tape, and uploaded it to KaZaA as a joke on April 19. Within two weeks, someone had added full Star Wars special effects and noises to the tape, and the video was linked on gaming, technology, and Star Wars-related sites across the Internet. Currently There Are 28 Clone Videos on www.Jedimaster.net

This is a chance for Lucasfilm Ltd to really do something for their fans.
View the original video and the 38 remakes

Poor kid...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm sure it was embarrassing at first, but now he is considered a master within all that is geekdom. ::

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's quite sad, but I wonder how truthful? I have my doubts the four have any control over any gifts, monetary or otherwise. Kids can be cruel, but I doubt any intentional malice was intended, at least originally. I would also bet he is getting just as much support as he is mochery. There are alot of grown up out there making fanflik films and releasing them to the net that are doing just the same thing he was, and having a great time doing it.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Very sad, I feel bad for the kid :(

·
Registered
466 Posts
omg.... theyll blame all what the kids did on something else b/c that is what this world is coming too. no one will admit to their wrong doing. the kids will get off scott free and the parents wont have to do anything b/c some aspect of society "made" their child this way. this is ridiculous, someone needs to start teaching kids that there is such thing as right and wrong and if you do wrong you will get punished for it. not this stupid slap on the wrist crap. im 19 years old and yes i have done some stupid stuff in my life but i have never hurt someone and knowningly meant to. kids like this need to be made an example out of and so do the parents. that is where it starts. parents should HAVE to teach their children right from wrong and be heald responsible for it. and the child should be held just as responsible as the child. the child and parent should both get in deep doo doo for it. kids these days are just out of control and some times im scared to even think what it will be like for my childrent when the time comes. am i going to be so scared to let them out of the house in fear that some idiot's child is going to shot them, harasse them, make fun of them, or what ever else there is. then have someone make some lame excuse that something in society made them do it and then no one will care. my parents tought me very will how to treat someone imo and really they didnt try that hard like some parents. kids these days have no idea what its like to actually act like a human being. its getting old, and someone needs to make these kids grow up before they have kids of their own. b/c if they are this bad with parents today, what kind of kids will todays youth have? :: sorry for going off

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Being a former nerdy kid myself and having a younger brother who happens to be a nerdy Star Wars fanatic, I have no words to describe how angry stuff like this makes me. Kids that are shy, not popular, or otherwise different, find interests where they can be comfortable, regardless of their cool or not cool status. To have other teenagers create a public display of derision, 'cause it's funny, is one of the cruelest things I can think of. These kids had to know the amount of humiliation they would cause this boy. To say they weren't being malicious, is like saying a pack of wild dogs doesn't know that ripping the throat out of it's prey won't result in dinner.

Sorry for the rant. Cruelty of this sort tends to set me off. ::

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
OMFG!!! theyre trying to sue those kids!!! it's not their fault the star wars kid is a hopeless geek :)

Just kidding.......but you really cant sue kids for being kids....and I dont think there was any way the parents of those kids could monitor their kids tothe point of averting their prank...to watch them that closely would be suffocating them IMO.

The star wars kid is in therapy...thats sad, but you cant sue the others.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Sueing the parents is not the answer. While I agree that their parents could not have prevented the act committed, I believe that most cruel children learn the lack of respect for others from their parents. Perhaps this situation will remind those parents that their words, attitudes and actions have consequences, not only for them, but their children as well.

There are way too many lawsuits, and not nearly enough personal responsibility.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Being a former nerdy kid myself
Wait a damn minute ::, you never told me that you were nerdy ::, that does it, I'm out of here.

Just kidding ;) , You are the love of my life.

I have done some stupid things in my life but I have never tried to hurt any one by being cruel, and I raised my son to be the same. He also knows that if he does I will knock the S**T out of him.

·
Registered
858 Posts
what a LOOSER, i dont feel bad at all for that kid, grow some damn...well..ya know....and get over it, stop being a pansy...damn today kids are such sissys i cant believe it...hell im only 17, but get over it and stop being a wuss...i hate it when i see guys like that and break down over being dumb, u got fame...u got a free iPod worth about 300-500$, quit ur moanin and b*tchin....i blame this on the kid for being a wuss...and the damn liberals....my suggestion...grow up and read...The Savage Nation by Micheal Savage and ull learn ALOT :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think its terrible. Did any of you watch the video? Its got to be the one of the most humiliating things i have ever seen. I can understand why that kid is probably going throgh psyciatric treatment. I cant imagine being the laughing stock of so many people, nation and possibly world wide and not needing some help. I'm not to sure if suing the parents is the right course of action, but i dont know if this kids parents have any other legal options they can take.

·
Registered
858 Posts
man i cant stop laughin about that kid! lol ::
i know i know...im a cruel SOB lol, but hey...its the kid's fault....idiotic for him to do it and tape himself or have it recorded....show him not to make a mockery of himself or his parents lol...what a dolt :p

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
No its not funny! shame on you maddhatteroo7 shame shame :: No realy its some funny stuff!!!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
My mother always told me that you never videotape anything or write anything down that you wouldn't be O.K. with someone else reading or watching. It makes sense.

$225,000 in damages... Seems like a convenient way for a family to capitalize on some young pranksters.

I think the youngsters should be punished HEAVILY for what they did, but not in any form of monetary means. That's ludicrous!!

This is a sad place we live in today.

No matter how humiliating, being the subject that MILLIONS of people are entertained by is something that people dream about...

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler Libby Hoeler

HAHA that's emabarassing ::

1 - 20 of 24 Posts