Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another annoying ricer. Driving with my stepdaughter into town, 5 lane highway in SWMBO's 86 Mustang. Here comes an an Eclipse in the left lane, slows down, speeds up, repeats, and finally goes past about 15mph over the limit. Exhaust blatting like a herd of chainsaws. I won't play because I know this road well and 2 of the officers that patrol it are family friends(and neighbors). I mumble something about "dumbass" and motor on. Frog pipes up "Hey I know that guy from school." I say "Really? Is he a jerk?"
"Oh yeah, and that's not even his car. It's his sister's".
As we get down the road we come up to a traffic light just before our freeway onramp. There's jerkboy right ahead of us, and I'm thinking "get on the freeway, get on the freeway". This is my favorite onramp in the world. SWMBO hates it and always mutters under her breath when I use it. (Something about "God" something, something) Traffic allowing, you can go from 0-85mph on a long sweeper. Speed limit 70, folks doing 80-5 is not at all unusual.
Light turns green, he turns right. Yeehaw! "Hold on, Frog."
I ride his bumper and we both hit 85 before merging, as soon as we have two lanes I blow by him at about 110mph. He tried to stay with me a little and then gave up. We slowed back down to exactly the speed limit and cruised. Frog squeaked "I almost peed myself!" Thinking fast, I quickly offered a $10 bribe not to tell Mom. She said "Don't worry about it, that was TOO cool." Mr.Eclipse stayed a very polite 10 car lengths back until we eventually turned off 8 miles later.
The rest of the ride was uneventful and I dropped Frog off a tad early for her class at driving school.
Am I a complete idiot or what? Not only am I chipping in on a car for this kid's birthday, but also her insurance. ::

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hah hah. She knows why you did it! Just make sure to explain to her that "you shouldn't be doing things like that." If she says, "but you did it," you can always say, "yes but I have ____ years of experience!"

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
You probably tought her a bad lesson, but heh, was it fun. I know its not right to do stuff like that but do it to. Well not anymore, plates ran out on the car and I put it away for probably the rest of the year (darn mortgage!). And the Jeep won't do that!

I hate when they speed up and slow dowwn like that beside you. Are they that dumb, they don't realize that fart pipes, chrome rims, and a wing will not allow you to blow by a 302 powered Mustang? Some kids need a roll model that isn't Vin Deisel.

Hey 73grandstang, my dad always used the one 'don't do as I do, do as I say!'.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
flyed lice, i mean fried rice is the best kind.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Like it says in my sig line... :D

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Let's see... 3 hail Mary's, 10 Rosaries and 20 hours community service.... Nah, it was a rice cook. Let's be careful out there!!

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Frog?!

You better be ready to chip in a lot for both her tickets and her increased insurance costs with an example like you've set for her. :) :).

John Harvey

·
Administrator
19,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To Frog a having a car just means she won't have to bum a ride to the mall. She has no other use for a car or interest in them, unless a "cute" boy is driving it then she can tell you the make, model, and likely the tag number too. I'm not too worried. I don't think she'll be getting into too much trouble with a 91 4cylinder Mustang anyway.

·
Registered
122 Posts
all i can say is sweet man. i love showing up all those fast and furious wannabes. saw a few hanging out in taco bell parking lot tonight. couldnt resist leaving the parking lot sideways with tires blazing up the road. only up to the speed limit of course. hehe. stang power!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts