Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again. Why are the Euro's so much better than the Americans in the 4-ball matches?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
From Fox Sports

"That included Colin Montgomerie and Padraig Harrington, who were 1-up on Woods and Mickelson - paired together for the first time - through nine holes.

Darren Clarke and Miguel Angel Jimenez held a 3-up lead on Davis Love III and Chad Campbell through eight holes, while Sergio Garcia and Lee Westwood had built the same margin just six holes into their match with David Toms and Jim Furyk.

In the other match, Paul McGinley and Luke Donald were 1-up on Stewart Cink and Ryder Cup rookie Chris Riley after the seventh hole."

Man, that sucks. If Tiger and Mickelsen don't win, that gives a pretty big boost in moral to the Euros IMO. Let's hope they pull out at least 1-2 wins before it is all over.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I golfed my a$$ off for 30 years and I'm tired of it.

I saw a shirt at the Watkins Vintage Races that said,

"THOSE WITH GOLF BALLS GOLF. THOSE WITH REAL BALLS RACE"

I feel much better now. ::

Dan

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Afternoon matches were even worse, Mickelson driving on 18 with a chance to win a match and damn near hits it out of bounds? You gotta be kidding me, he's playing Titleist for 20 years and two weeks before the Ryder Cup he switches to new clubs and balls just cause Fortune Brands won't up his already 4 mil per year contract-all be cause he won the Masters. What a jerk. Gotta fault Sutton for putting two guys that hate each other as partners,-don't care how good they look on "paper"

Won't even be close at the end.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you look at the scores for the matches, you'll see that most US matches were lost by bogies, I don't think any US match went under par or near par, the euros were close to par most of the matches except for a few were they went under. I think if the US pairs kept it at par, they would've won a few more points. A two "very good golfer" pair that shoots 2 over will lose most every match. I hope they pull it together tomorrow, a rout is not worth watching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts