Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new scanner. The other day at Best Buys, I saw a Microtek scanner, forget the model, but it was 2400 X4800 dpi, single pass and has an attachment to scan 35 mm film too. it was $144 or $149. Does anyone know anything about this scanner.

My first choice was a Epson scanner, but this one looked like a good bang for the buck. TIA.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Don't use a scanner anymore, mine is in the closet. My digital camera is much faster and better images. I suppose a service could digitize 35mm film.

·
Registered
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't say that I particulary miss the old scanner. We use to use it to scan the kids homework handouts before they started. Many times they totally fubared the sheet, luckily we still had the original!

I still have some photos from time to time I like to scan, to send or to print out for an occations.

I had some 35mm put to disc when the film was developed, but didn't think the quality was anything to talk about.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have had 2 scanners both of them Microtek. They work very well but as suggested above a digital camera is the best way to get digital pictures from the source. If you have to go with printed media, Microtek's are good. As to the slide scanner, if its the flatbed tray, they don't work very well on any scanner.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I just purchased 3 Microtec scanners for my company. I like them thay have a great dpi versus cost. the other 2 I have here are up and running without a complaint. I say go for it, my cost was less sence I baught 3 and I have a corp account, but your price seems fair.

·
Registered
21,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I do have a digital camera. I thought it would be a nice extra to have, as far as being able to scann 35mm film, that's all. Thanks very much on the feed back.

·
Registered
391 Posts
The digital photos I've taken of my older prints seem to improve the image; don't know why or how; maybe it is the camera software. I use a Minolta Dimage 7 with 5.2 megapixtals.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a umax astra 600s, its a scsi interface. you can have the scanner if you want it, i am trying to get rid of it. drop me an email if you want it.

i really like epison scaners, all of the umax ones i have seen have had lackluster image quality. i know they make devices to scan negatives, from what i here they work really well. good luck

- Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts