Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was my last day of pure freedom. Tomorrow is the first day of my senior year in highschool. Hopefully restoration on my mustang wont be slowed too badly. Maybe this year will be beter than the rest. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Holy shiiiii.... that project is like identical to my situation. Mine looked the same, the interior was almost identical (including the sheepskin covers). The exterior on the other hand only had red-oxide primer over a really bad original vintage burgandy. It is a C-Code 289 with power steering, mostly original except for an OK dual exhaust and a chrome air cleaner.

I didnt the dumb thing and made it into a huge project. DONT pull the engine if you dont need to. Keep the thing as close to drivable as possible, you will have a lot more fun with it that way.

I'm now starting college tommorrow while my mustang sits at home in peaces. Live and learn :/

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, today was my last day of pure freedom. Tomorrow is the first day of my senior year in highschool.
Being in High School is pure freedom! I can remember it now, my senior year with all those A.P. classes, young girls everywhere, hey I married SWMNBO my senior year! Have fun kid!

·
Registered
466 Posts
im starting my 2nd year of college tomorrow too, but i dont have a project. i ran a 13.1 yesterday at the track in my 69 :) did the project last year during school, this years project is a new AOD. atleast it wont cost as much as a new engine, but the next race i should hit 12.??!!!!!!! yahoooo.... jsut gotta do a little fine tuning to the traction i got. hehehehe good luck with the restos during the year, think high school takes up time, get to college where you ACTAULLY have to study to pass the class unlike high school, for me atleast.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Aww man... don't worry about H.S. dude. its almost over anyways. The first semester sucks cause of college apps but just use the common apps where ever you can and write exactly one good essay. All the damn questions are the same anyways, and just adjust the essay to answer the specific questions of the institutions. Second semester. Thats not school its like one long free day. just plan the jobs you want to do after school during class and do them when you get home. Trust me I am a teacher. I don't expect any of my seniors to do much work their second semester. Then there is college. THE BEST TIME OF YOUR YOUNG LIFE PERIOD! Classes every other day. Parties on weekends. Girls trying to be smart and slutty all at the same time. Septembers in College. "ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR. " F&*k the Christmas Season give me the first month of the college year anyday.

As for your project, well its got a ways at least from your website. I don't know if you want to impress the ladies now with the car or later. If its instant gratification you want, paint the thing so it shines. Girls love shiny things. They know lick about cars but they sure as hell know a shiny object when they see it. Get some nice seats, especially the back ;) and just wipe clean the dash. The girls won't know the difference. IMHO.

And Good Luck.. Don't worry its your senior year. Nothing can go wrong if your not stupid.

pain

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Enjoy your senior year...but remember not to take things to seriously...it's only High School.

Slade

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
AWWW!!! You just had to remind me! I, too, start my Senior year of HS tomorrow! I get an extra day than you but I still have to come to work (I need the $$$ ;) ) I'm not worried about it though. This year I'm takin' AP English, Econ, AP Psych, Auto Shop (I wasnt able to take it last year), and I'm gettin' into Yearbook. I love takin' pictures so I'm pretty sure I'll have fun with that. Wish me luck too... ::

·
Registered
446 Posts
I too am entering senior year. I set it up so i have 2 AP classes and no 6th period, so i get off at 11:30 2 times a week. Hopefully it won't be too hard, and it should be a really fun year.

Still gotta find a job so i can pay for a paint job, and other things. Good luck in your senior year

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
...high school... i graduated in the year of 2k.....charish it while you can , high school is the easiest and most care free time of your life !...young chicks , parties all the time, cuttin class....do your thing man , live it up... bc after hs, things dont get any easier! i didnt even have my stang until right after i graduated hs, i got a real high paying summer job ( 18 an hr ) , and i was able to buy crissy in just a few months of saving, and about 8 to 10 k later, shes looking good, running fast, and... damn , the ladies love to ride...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts