1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
At that price, I'll take two! ::

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just think if he is selling the car piece by piece - wonder what Shelby thinks of these parts prices :eek: ::

--------------------------
My car '68 Sunlit Gold J-Code vert (soon Shelby clone)

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Very simple- you want it, he has it and there aren't many around. Did you see the Chevy cross ram manifold w/carbs that sold for $22,000 on ebay?

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
I didn't look. Let's see, it's a 67 Shelby genuine wheel. Probably bought by Mister I M Greedy on Ebay 3 weeks ago, for $2900. Now it's time for my profit, so I can go buy more parts for my Corvette.....

Supply and Demand, that's why.

·
Registered
471 Posts
If somebody wants to pay that price more power to them but NOT me there's a sucker born every minute. ::

·
Registered
721 Posts
Well there are no bids on it so maybe there is still hope for this world.

I wonder if the "Shipping Not Available" line turned people off from paying US$5000 for a steering wheel... sight unseen... from a complete stranger... and trusting it to be shipped without insurance. ::

·
Registered
916 Posts
i read a article on that exact steering wheel, he found it in a pos galaxie or falcon, he bought the car for 2 grand, and it had that, and a k code engine in it

·
Registered
916 Posts
Guys he only paid 2k or so for the car, he talked about how in the article how he was going to make bank off the wheel and engine

·
Registered
916 Posts
Here is the article( sorry about grammer errors its a long pos)
Forest gump uttered that famous line, life is like a box of chocolates. " rare finds can be that way. You never know whats inside until you take a look. Over the years, thousands of people passed by this rusty 63 fairlane. The body was pretty much shot, so why bother to stop and take a look? George powell is a part-time parts vender and he decided to take the time to have a look. The license plate read 289HP. Maybe the car still had the rare and valuable 289 hipo. Most lieky, it was gone.George tells us, " I knocked on the door first, but no one answered. So i walked over to the car. The first thing i did was lift the hood. It was so rusty it barley opened. It had a hipo balancer. George couldnt be sure the internals were hipo. Hed have to ask the owner for more info. The 289hipo is a coveted collector engine. It would be a pleasant suprise. Then, george got one of the best suprises of his life. I opened the door and i just abour fainted. I said holy crap a shelby steering wheel. The wheel looked all the more nostalgic entwined with honeysuckle vines. They grew up through holes in the floor and between the 3 spoke aluminum and wood wheel. In the world of collector msutangs and fords, certain key parts can fetch more money then the whole car. An original s steering wheel that features real wood is a coveted prize. The horn button on the the 67 scura wheel read gt-500. George must have heard cast register bells go off in his head. He figured the steering wheel had to be worth at least 2 grand. He recalled selling a horn buttom from a 67 for 600-800 bucks on ebay. George said" i figured make this guy a offer of 2000 dfor the car, and hed probably be happy becuase its a rusted piece of junk. And i will sell the motor for 2-5 k and get a free steering wheel puls other parts. The onwer didnt accept right away. George felt he was better off not mentioning the steering wheel. He told up, " i just had to have it. At this writing, george has seen a 67 wheel go for 4600 on ebay. He put 500 bcuks in his wheels restoration. The motor was a real k code and ended up fetching 3600 bcuks on ebay. The distributor was worth 300, the fairlane had a 4 speed and a 9 inch rear end. He sold the housing for 300 and the trans, a t10 for 300. After stripping it he got it towed away and turned in a can. Does anyone else feel angered that this guy is a CHEAT

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Why would the guy be a cheat? We all like to buy parts cars and sell parts to fund our projects. If I find an item for $100 and it's worth a $1000 doesn't mean I have to sell for $100 and selling for $1000 shouldn't make me a cheat.

Besides no one has to pay what he's asking and if they do they must feel it's worth it. I see no harm being done. He did make an offer for the car based on what he thought it would be worth for him to buy and seel for a profit and I would bet the seller of the car had offers of alot less or he wouldn't have sold it to this guy.

I myslef would have no clue what the steering wheel would be worth if I looked at the car so I would have offered alot less for car. Then soneone would have more than likely got a deal from me on the wheel because I wouldn't have know it's value.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts