Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got through talking to the police. One of my employes had her S-10 broke into, they got her stereo and around 70 CD's. This happend right in our parcking lot in front of our building at 1:00 in the afternoon. I just happend to be out back with her in the rear lot when the guys that did it drove by ::. We got part of the license # but the cop said they probably all ready droped the stuff and he will do what he can. The cop told me that he used to be a detective but got sick of the BS that he has to put with in Calif. He said that he has 8 months to go then he is moving out of Calif :(.

It's getting pretty bad when the cops are moving out ::.

"Come to California, we'll have a good time".

G

·
0 Posts
Cops are so busy around here they don't do anything about theft. When my car got broke into and my stereo stolen they didn't even want to send someone out for a report. I had three motorcycles stolen a few years back, the crooks left behind a flashlight I wanted them to tak eprints and actually look for the criminals, Boy was I naive!! ::

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear that Dave. :( It's not safe anywhere anymore. Make sure you keep the vert locked up and close to home. Much easier to break into than an S10......and more valuable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man that sucks! ::

I just bought an RV on Friday and it will be parked infront of my house. Am I wrong for wanting to keep a gun close to the front door. I live in an okay area my block hasn't had any problems but some other homes near by have been tagged on. I just don't want any little punk @$$ getting any ideas about messing with my stuff!

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We just put three separate dead man switches, a hood lock and an alarm with a proximity eye that will wake the dead. Told Steph do not lock the door's or they will just slit the top.

I still dont feel good about it ::, Maby I should tell her to let the air out of the tires :eek:.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
How old do you have to be in order to buy a gun here in Cal.? And, is it possible to get a permit to carry it in your car?

·
Registered
123 Posts
i dont live in a too bad of an area, but theres these drug dealers down the street, you can tell because every day you see someone you dont know and you know doesnt live on the street go to the house and leave within 2 minutes. the police have raided the house like 5 times and they are still dealing out of that house.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am pretty sure it's 18 but could be 21 I'll check it out and same goes for the permit. I have a gun shop that is a block or two away from my office. I'll try to go over there during my next break and ask.

A lot of people here in Cali are weird about guns, they are afraid of them. But why not have one? As long as you don't plan on waving it around at everyone that walks by your house than what's the big deal? Texas seems okay?

·
Registered
327 Posts
No special age if you buy it off the street. Carry it in a fanny pack that is always attached to you. If the cop asks you to get out of the car to search it let him. He can't search your pack because it is not in the car. This works for purses too. Alway get a kick out of watching COPS where someone has hidden drugs in the car. Fair game. If they had a fanny pack or purse and took it with them when leaving the car they wouldn't be going to jail.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You have to be 21 to purchase a pistol 18 I belive for a rifle or a shotgun. There is a waiting period of 10 days. For a pistol you have to go to a class, pure BS.

To get a ccw permit, good luck. when I first got mine the app was about 12 pages long, now it's around 45. It depends on where you live and the county. Check with the Sheriff Dept.

My permit is good for the California but you don't want to get caught in San Fran with a concealed firearm even with a permit, you will go to jail, city law.

I keep guns in just about every room of my home in very hidden locations ( no kids, when we have visitors I collect them and put them in the vault). I will say that if me or mine are threatened, I will use it. No if's and 's or butt's.

I must caution you, State Law, you can not use a firearm to protect personall property, only a human life.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Exchevman any loop holes? Like one gun with blanks and another with the real deal fire blank first and Ahh he pulled a gun on me then the real deal??? ;)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
son was in Navy and left his car home which i drove to work once a week. they peeled a $1000 stereo out of his '87 Celebrity without ripping a piece of trim in parking lot with video camera - unfortunately car ws parked just beyond range of camera. they caught the rats few days later who were operating around airport.

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, I dont think so ::

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The funny thing is, as long as you or sombody feel threatend, does not have to be a gun, just bodily harm ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice I am Starting to learn Brazilian Ju Jitsu, Boxing and Muy Thai Kick Boxing.

I have been hitting the heavy bag and speed bag every night for about a month. I am just under 6 foot and about 235lbs. All I need to do now is run the mile in less than 61/2 mins and I could do some real work! ::

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
As soon as Gary Coleman becomes governer..all your problems will be solved..*LOL*

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
be forewarned, a buddy of mine got charged with a felony (assault with a deadly weapon) because he hit a guy in a club. He has a black belt, and those judges aren't very helpful to people who they think could kill someone with their bare hands.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts