Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really sorry that this is so far off topic, but things like this make me furious. I post to a couple of cat/pet forums and this came up today.

Most of you know I am a bit attached to my cats. I have a soft spot for most animals, and no tolerance for stupid, cruel, evil people. The following is about 7 pups, their mom and some idiot that thought they didn't need a vet. If you can send a little something to help out, that would be great, if not a simple email pat on the back to the people involved would also be appreciated.
http://www.md-novarotties.org/html/news/SevenPups.html

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
It is things like this that strengthen my desire to become a veterinarian. I just started college last night. I have two years to go in community college, then I hope to transfer to a veterinary school. I hate seeing such cruel acts occur and I hope I can help victims like these when I have the knowledge and skills. I will talk to my mother about a donation since she handles the checkbook, taxes, and most of the finances.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The sad thing is that this sort of think happens more than anyone knows and without a rescue or media outlet to help. I volenteer for a goup that rescues Boxers in Michigan and Ohio. We get some dogs that are in pretty rough shape. I'll pass the info on to my rescue.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm sitting here shaking my head. The person that did this can only be described as an a$$hole. I'm happy to see the pups are in good care. Most people are not aware of the rescue groups and the great work they do. We adopted an Old English Sheepdog from a rescue group a number of years ago. He had been abused and had the cigarette burn scars to prove it. It took him about a year to trust humans again but he tured out to be the most gentle loving animal there could be. Saddly, he passed about a year ago. Thanks for sharing this with us.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Unfortunately stupidity and ignorance are rampant, and current trends seem to indicate no slowing of the increase.

There was a similar incident here in Oz recently, a few armed forces guys decided to kill a bunch of kittens in a variety of ways. Bored, ignorant and stupid..... and some had the nerve to contest thier lack of fitness to serve after being discharaged!

A very sad statement on where our "advanced and liberated" society is heading...

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I hate cats...but no animal should be tortured......if it becomes necessary to kill an animal, it should be quick.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Urg. I think I'm gonna puke...and not at the horrendous pictures, but at the unbelievable actions of some sub-human(s) out there.
My wife is the regional director of a collie rescue organization here in SoCal, and I can't even begin to relate the conditions and experiences of some of the dogs that have come through our door. If only the same injuries and actions could be performed on their former owners...

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. It makes me feel better to see that people care. In the other forums I post to, I run across stories like this all the time. It truely hurts me to see this. I've met alot of people that participate in rescue groups, and they are all to be commended. I'm not a vegetarian, or particularly liberal even, but things like this are just wrong.
What makes this even more stupid is that at what point did this moron finally realize that what he was doing wasn't working? Did it really take all 7 puppies for him to realize that? Or did he even care?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I hate cats...but no animal should be tortured......if it becomes necessary to kill an animal, it should be quick.
Funny, our cats said the same thing about you. They don't know you but you know how stupidly judgemental cats can be.
With regard to the jerk that hacked off those puppies tails, I think a quick death would be too good.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,992 Posts
Years ago I had a wonderfully intelligent and mild mannered doberman. He was a purebred show dog but "discarded" for having screwed up coloration. I got him when he was 8 weeks old. Up until he died people would occasionally ask why I didn't get his tail docked and ears cut. My reply was "What's he ever done to me that I should hurt him so?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts