Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very specific question maybe no-one here can answer /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

But,.... I was doing a 'test run' on summit racings site for ordering my wheels, popped them in the shopping cart and had a look

"15 in. x 7 in., 5 x 4.5 in., 5 x 4.75 in., and 5 x 5 in. triple-drilled bolt circle, 4 1/8 in backspacing, steel/aluminum construction, chrome plated, S/S series wheel"

OK, now there is the obvious problem! I was never ASKED to choose WHAT bolt pattern i wanted, it just gave me the description of the wheels again! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

How on earth do i specify WHAT one i want? I have to admit being a bit surprised, and thought it was a little bit amature...

Gary

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Read that again Chief...
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

"Triple Drilled Bolt Circle"

<hr></blockquote>

These are fit anything wheels ... they have all three bolt patterns on each rim. Usually in the lower priced wheels you find this feature.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I always just call and order, talk with a person and make sure your getting what you want. (I know that sometimes doesn't help either though.) Never have understood those shopping cart deals.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could this explain the elongated ovular pattern on my current set?!

Since they obviously dont have 3 different hole patterns im just guessing ?

Gary

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
That's right Einstein /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oval holes.... don't you use some washers when installing these? Or they include some inserts or something?

http://store.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/CRR-61015.jpg

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it did say they require special some-thing-or-others, which i figured my current set already had (they came on the car)

I'll just use those ones.

Thanks guys! (please less use of sarcasm Jay, i know Nothing about wheels, thus explaining this thread /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif)

Gary

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Maybe I needed a couple more of these /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif insert where needed

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew you were joking.....im just really tense today.

Euro verses US Dollar hit an all time high - 98 Cents (euro) to 1 USD!!!

I'm rushing to get everything sorted and am a little bit panic-y - the exchange rate could drop fast. My apologies, one of those days! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts