1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if...

...you lived in California, had $3500 to spend, and your only options were to:

A. Buy $3500 in lotto tickets (for the big $40M jackpot); or

B. Register yourself as a candidate in the October 7th recall election for governor. ($3500 is all it takes to get your name on the ballot :p)

I'd have to go with 'B', myself. That would look sweet on a resume... "2003 California gubernatorial candidate" ::

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I owuld choice 'C' spend it on a Ryder one way truck and closing costs on a house 4x the size at 10x lower the price on the east coast somewhere and get the heck outta there

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
get the heck outta there
You get what you pay for out here: able to drive the fastback everyday of the year!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Don't they have that nasty white stuff called "snow" out on the east coast, and use salt on the roads?

I'd have to stay in CA and buy the lottery tickets.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'd have to go with the lotto using those 2 choices, after all who wants to be known as a goober!

Allthough, I'd have to add a choice C, throw a party for all the VMFers! ::

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Option B. I figure I'd triple my salary, cut my hours by 2/3, and it doesn't really matter if I have no clue as to what my job is. Then the next step would become President, where you REALLY don't have to have a clue ::

Besides, we all know that the only people that win the California Lottery are illegal imigrants, anyway.

Definition of Lottery: a tax on people that are bad at math.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I'd run for Gov if, when I won, I could toss out by executive order certain members of the current ruling party, otherwise it's a wasted effort.

Even with the obnoxius odds of winning the lotto, someone DOES win.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts