Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Yesterday one of our channels was showing "Christine". I guess most car fans at least know this movie and what it is about. It's one of my personal favorites...

Basically I was wondering if any one of you could tell me something about how it was filmed and how many cars were used. This because of the great looking "self restoration" scenes.

I tried searching the internet, but didn't come up with anything useful.

So can anyone shed some light on this for me?

TIA

G

·
0 Posts
I recall seeing that movie for the first time. I had already restored my fastback, and knew how much time and money went into restoring an old car. Man did the emotions run high when that car got trashed. There were quite a few discussions on the making of that film. If I recall correctly, I think they used 26 cars to make the film. To make the sequences they restored several cars taking pictures as they went. After they were completed they filmed the scenes with the main car completely restored. For the part where Christine rebuilds herself, its all camera and early PC trickery. They use special effects to pull and bend metal back into place. They filmed a car being destroyed in little steps then pieced the film clip together in reverse sequence. It was rather cool.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
"Christine" was a great B movie! I could relate to it with my high school red '55 Ford Sunliner vert. I spent so much time with this car, rebuilt the 292 Y-block V8 (slug!), chrome plated all interior moldings, added chrome wheels with baby moons, removed the big airplane off the hood, etc. I bagged a lot of groceries for this car! I still have a picture of it somewhere!

G

·
0 Posts
One of my all time favorite movies, and there used to be a site about it, see if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
This movie is special to me as I owned a Plymouth HT exactly like Christine, even had the same two-tone colors. That was the car that I traded in on my first new car, a 65 Fastback GT Mustang. Not only that, my wife of 33 yrs is named Christine! It would have been a lot of fun to have kept that car and named it after my wife.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts