Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EBA.. 1842901548

Probably the entire muscle car era sits in that field...

Gary

·
Registered
771 Posts
i want i want,., wonder why he is selling? maybe goverment is getting on his ass for some reason well whoever pay 2.5 milion ofr that will sure be a happy guy and i do wonder if there are any shelbys in there might want to stop and pay a visit

·
Registered
657 Posts
All I can say is....WOW!!!!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
This auction was listed a long time ago. Maybe 9 months or so. Same pictures, same description. You think for 2.5 milion they would have a list of the cars and parts, not just " a lot of parts". Very interesting though

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The aeriel picture is crap, ive tried everything with it - resizing, sharpening etc.

From what i can see, there are a good few compact cars in there, and a few four-door cars.

The only 'muscle' car i can see, at least i think i see, is a Cuda or Challenger (white one at the bottom) ??

I'm more interested in the cars in the field than the parts. But still...

Gary

G

·
0 Posts
Yes, I remember the whole thing about nuts and bolts not being counted and entire engines being counted as 1 part.

Car parts seem like a good investment nowadays unfortunately the entry price on this bunch is too much for me.

·
Registered
916 Posts
LOL, if VMF were all to meet down there to take what they wanted, there would be a small war fighting over the parts and whatnot. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
That would be a very interesting investment though. But we have enough trouble trying to manage parts in the garage from our three mustangs haha.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
How about a list of cars eh? Some people consider a 1974 Lincoln Continental as "vintage" ya know...

·
Administrator
19,342 Posts
Looks an awful lot like a small private junkyard. Like any other junkyard, he keeps the "goodies" indoors. If the stuff is that good, looks like he could make a mint in smaller or piecemeal lots.
Salvage yards have monthly tradepapers. There's always some yards for sale in the back. For 2.5 mil you can buy a complete working yard complete with employees in a decent metro location. A short classified-style ad usually gives more info than this guy and his vague pictures.
I bet a lot of us would like to run through his "collection", but something smells funny.
Isn't Vermont known for snow skiing and huge amounts of road salt?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts