Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That grill is definitely Grand Am. From that artist's rendering, though, it looks like the last Nissan 300Z. A lot, actually.

On a related (but still Off Topic) note, I saw the new 350Z up close and in person yesterday at the Blackhawk Auto Museum. There was a Z-owners association event going on, and Nissan brought out their whole line of cars to show off. The new Z is pretty nice, if you're into the Z. I've never owned one myself, but since I'm secretly a Nissan guy who happens to own (and love) a Mustang, I checked out the show.

On yet another related topic, if you've never been to the Blackhawk auto museum (somewhere near Danville, CA) it's worth the trip. This has got to be one of the finest collection of historic automobiles outside of Jay Leno's garage. Come to think of it, I'd be willing to bet it surpasses Leno's garage. The sheer number and condition of these cars is mind boggling. Some of them are huge, too. No, I mean it, they're really really huge. Until you stand next to one and are dwarfed by it, you don't really understand. I'm not talking about 60's Lincoln boats, here, I'm talking about 22 foot monsters.

Joe Bob says Check It Out.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a related note, I saw a 2003 SVT cobra stang at a cruise nite I attended Saturday, awesome Mustang, for a new one. I think I would prefer it and its 390 horsepower to anything the general comes uo with. For pontiac folks, I think a 2 door grand prix with the super charged 3.8 that is currently available would be a good choice.

·
Registered
356 Posts
zieroh, do you have more info. regarding that museum? I'd love to check it out since I have a week of vacation coming my way.
In regards to the GTO pic... they should've stacked up the headlights like the old one. Would've been more reminissing of the 64 or 65 GTOs I like

·
Registered
553 Posts
in my opinion it's a GTO in name only, most of the GM guys are really thrashing this design on some of the camaro boards. they either love it or hate it. some have went so far as to come up with thier own designs, pretty cool. too bad GM doesnt listen to their customers like Ford has the past few years. or maybe we just yell louder /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

here's the links to some sweet GTO concepts.
http://www.geocities.com/victorglass222/DutchInjun.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/mylego0/gto.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts