Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And only caught one. 18 lbs and about 2 1/2 feet long. Small for tuna. We only had 3 bites I caught one, I lost one and the boat owner got the other one. All day off the coast of Monterey about 50 miles out and all we get are 2 fish. ::
But I saw 3 humpback whales, lots of dolphin, sunfish,and a few seals so it still was fun. Main problem was getting up at 3am to be at the dock at 4:30,yawwwwwn.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, No beer. 50 miles out I was not going to have any inebriating beverages ::.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Mike, Sorry you didnt' have much luck. I went out Tuna fishing out of Bodega a couple years back, what a trip. Long Long way out don't know miles but about 5 hours I went with 6 buddies and they were all sick as hell from boat ride. I got close to losing it but fortunaly held togeether when we got into the fish man fish on everytime out. I think we brought back like 30 with only me and captian able to fish but at least my friends were able to take fish home it was a blast.

Next time I go gonna go up to Fort Bragg the fish are much closer in like 15 miles but can't get anyone willing to go with me after they all got sick last time, LOL

Mark

·
Registered
434 Posts
Theres a little island in the Carribean that SWMBO and I like to go to.

Restraunt owners wait on the docks for fishing boats to come in so they can try to buy the fish.

A few years ago the cash price for an average sized tuna was $600.

Hmmm...move to the islands...buy a boat...catch one fish a day.
Not a bad way to make a living ::

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Any day out fishing is great, getting somthing is just icing on the cake :: ::

Glad you had a great time

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Sorry it wasn't a better trip = though as others noted "Any day fishing... etc"

I worked on a passenger sportfisher (and a commercial boat)
a bunch of years ago. There is no more exciting experience than a wide open tuna bite - Go again sometime when the bite is hot - you'll be "hooked" for life...

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah you could load up the back of your '67 with all that bloodied fish and.... :D :D :D drive it 200 yards across the island. ::

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah its rough. ::
I might start hanging out at the Sharks training camp. ::

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fishin, ya know that nuclear power plant thang. :: ::

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Man that hurts to read. You don't realize how happy you should be! Up until a year ago, I was living in Alaska. Would have been out several times this summer by now on halibut trips, and would have done so much salmon fishing my arms would have fallen off. Now I sit here in the midwest, just dreaming about it. :(

'Course, I wouldn't have gotten anything done on the mustang this summer (heck, I wouldn't even have the mustang if I was still in AK). Oh well, only two more years, the mustang should be done, and I'll be retired and back up there. Will a 67 vert trunk hold a 100 quart cooler??? Did Ford make a fishing pole rack in 67?

Enjoy the tuna!

Greg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts